• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Storing Bronco.

Fry

If I don’t have a garage would it be a bad idea to store a bronco under a carport with a tarp?

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
The most damage I've ever done to my Bronco was by covering it for the winter. Anything that was alloy or chromed was corroded.
Now to be fair, it wasn't under a car port.
If I were to store mine under a roof, I'd use one of the non-weatherproof breathable covers, just to keep the dust off.

TNcowboy

If it's a carport you'd better use an outdoor rated cover.

Driving rain and snow and fog will still make it an outdoor environment

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
dont park it by a pool. My great idea carport cover is 10 feet from my pool, anything and everything rusts by the pool, I think due to the chemicals, not so much the water.

1970 Palmer

Under a carport to keep the sun UV off is a good idea.

But any kind of a soft cover, or tarp that touches the vehicle is a bad idea. The waterproof materials will hold moisture under the tarp causing damage. The soft breathable materials (meant for inside use) will hold dust and chaff the paint from wind.

As a vintage trailer guy, I have found no perfect solution to outside storage.