• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

nutserts for WS frame

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Just finished this up. Used 1/4 x 20 pan head screws. No interference with hinge closing properly. Not that difficult but I do have the tool to set.

Attachments

• rivnut 3.jpg
    rivnut 3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 151
  • rivnut 2.jpg
    rivnut 2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 145
  • rivnut 1.jpg
    rivnut 1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 136

needsmoarturbo

Looks good to me!
Is the hinge welded on from the factory? Why not weld on the new one? I'm just curious its been 20 years since I took my windshield off for paint I don't recall what's in there but I seem to recall having to pull the long hinge pin out to take it off, what a pain.

OP
OP
m_m70

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Thx!
The earlier years bolted on up to I think '68. Like the idea of being able to remove if needed and not have to drill out welds and replace hinge.

Man, removing the hinge pin must have been some task. Were you able to put it back in??

needsmoarturbo

Thx!
The earlier years bolted on up to I think '68. Like the idea of being able to remove if needed and not have to drill out welds and replace hinge.

Man, removing the hinge pin must have been some task. Were you able to put it back in??

Ah I see. Well to be honest I can't remember if I got it all the way off or not. I did a repaint in 2000 and there was a lot of silicone the PO had smeared all over the hinge on the outside and I remember trying to clean it off and that's why i wanted to take it off. The ol memory isn't too sharp though, so if we succeeded it must not have been too painful, but my dad was helping me and he is a patient wizard with things like that.