• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windor head bolt dowels..

eBronc

Loc.
Austin, Texas
Anybody know of a source for head dowels? I'm missing 2, and the short block is coming together quickly - I'm going to need them soon to mount the heads.

canadabronco

Loc.
Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
I went through this last year and I had a hard time too. What I ended up doing was taking a piece of copper tubing that was a cut to the correct width. I cannot for the life of me remeber if it was 1/2" diameter or not but what ever is a bit bigger then the dowel. I cut a slit down the side that tubing and bent it a little smaller. I was perfect for lining the heads up and I have not had a problem at all. It may not be the best solution but it worked for me.