• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

300 C.I. inline 6 install?

broke_okie

I want to install a 300 c.i. inline 6 in my EB . Has anyone done this before? And if so what does this entail? Pics and build threads welcome.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
It's been done. Very tight fit but makes for a great engine in an EB.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Might do a search theres a couple of guys running them and some threads. Mostly requires front crossmemeber modifications. I wish it was a better fit in a bronco as i do like the 300.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
It is a fun mod, Be prepared to do some major modifications. I run one in mine and love it, BUT, I built my Bronco around the 300/NP435 combo. Major Mods will include.
Motor crossmember
Trans crossmember
core support
Possible firewall mods
Clutch linkage

The motor has to be moved toward the rear no less than 3 inches, and that barely gives clearance of 1/2 inch from the fan and the radiator with the radiator moved a little forward. you could mod the core support to move the radiator forward to the max.

When the motor is moved to the rear the intake interferes with the firewall unless you center the motor, otherwise you will have to mod the firewall.

The trans crossmember will need to be moved back also to accommodate moving the motor backward.

If you do the swap you will fully enjoy the end product, Being able to wheel all day at idle while the v-8's are all wound up.
You can check my build thread for more info. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155542

(Get some popcorn, boiled peanuts, a beer or 12 and enjoy the read)

Last edited:

bmbm

300 in Bronco

A member on here, Revelation, did this and the swap is shown in a past Bronco Driver magazine. He had links to that article on here somewhere.

Revelation

Bronco Guru

Attachments

• 300 install 1.pdf
    77 KB · Views: 74
  • 300 install 2.pdf
    90.1 KB · Views: 70