• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

neutral safety switch 1973b302

johnbeck

Is it possible to find a OEM neutral safety switch made in U.S.A.? (1973 C4 ) Thanks

luke

I just installed a new one from Tom's bronco parts. Don't know if it's made in the USA, I doubt it but it works great.

kempco

I went thru I think 3 neutral safety switches from Napa and others and finally went to ford and haven't changed it in 15 years.

OP
OP
J

johnbeck

If Ford still stocks a neutral safety switch for my 73 bronco I'll pay the price. With my local dealership they want a part number. What's the latest year car or truck that I could get the switch for(dealer), or from(wrecking yard). Thanks

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Good job. One thing I've found in getting NOS parts is that claiming they're Mustang parts usually means more $.

OP
OP
J

johnbeck

I checked out the 70-72 Mustang. Looked on the spec sheet it's sold by Drake, made in Taiwan. Not long ago forum members complained of the at large available neutral safety switches failing in large numbers. Anyone install a NSS a year ago and have satisfactory results? I'll pay a premium for a good switch that won't leave me or my family stranded. Thanks

OP
OP
J

johnbeck

Thanks all. I ordered the NOS Ford NSS. Will arrive by April 20th. I appreciate your help. I wanted to avoid the batch of NSS's that plagued Bronco owners in the past, I'm optimistic!