• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BCB's new top

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
i don't see any pics with the top in "Moon roof/targa" mode. Is it convenient to do? Or, is it sum-what aquward to accomplish this?

I know the new Heep and Geo Snacker tops have mech to unclip and then fold back the top as easy as a sun-roof dose on modern cars, is it this easy on this top??

Regardless, I dig it and am scrape'n the piggy's belly as we speak, by the time they are for sale I'll be place'n the order!

THX CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

LEBCAndrew

Loc.
San Antonio, Tx
I spent quite a bit of time checking out the new BC top at the LEBC Roundup this past weekend and it is awesome.

To simplify things conceptually, the top consists of front and rear frame sections, and five soft pieces for the forward top, rear top, left window, right window, and rear window. You can those pieces in any combination that you like. I believe you could even remove the front frame and still use the rear frame to provide shelter for kids or something in the back seat.

An added benefit that hasn't come up is the fact that the front frame section provides massive support for the windshield. Unless you planned on removing the front frame regularly, you would not have to use any sort of windshield frame support from a roll cage.

Based on the cost for other tops I have seen, if Chuck even comes close to his estimated pricing, I would consider it a bargain.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I will buy one when they are ready.
Tinted windows in black would be great but that top is sweet.

jsniper06

Loc.
Crowley, La.
It would be cool to have a date to look forward too. I want one, so you can put me down for one. I look great. Just what I was looking for.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Chuck - How about mustang yellow? I think a yellow canvas would look pretty awesome on my street truck.

You will remember those of us who've been on the list for quite some time now.....right!?! LOL

Looks great.....please keep us informed and let us know as soon as they are available.

Dale

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
got the chance to get a good long look at it this weekend, it looks much better in person. the stationary side windows are nice and thick, and they're flush with the outside of the frame. i helped jason lift off the rear frame section, can be handled by one person if necessary. also the framework is nice and beefy!

it's going to be well worth the money when it's ready!!!

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
how does it seal in the middle there? With all the rain in the winter I wouldn't want it to rain inside too.

SprBronc

This is a great idea...finally I can down size to just this top, instead of a bikini, safari, full soft top, and a hard top. I feel this will satisfy all our requirements. I would like to be put down for one please:cool:

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I can see that the standard roll bar/cage will fit under it. Any idea if the half cab roll bar will fit? As you can see in the pic at least mine is a little higher than the roof...

Attachments

• 1385.jpg
    1385.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 104

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I like it. Maybe just the thing for the next project.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Chuck-

Very nice job on the top. I was kind of curious how you would up the ante with Rick's new top coming on line. The half-cab/full top combo is genius. How do these two surfaces seal, though. I had a softy made about 13 yrs ago that was similar, it sealed fine with a 1.5" wide strip of hook/loop. Just wondering if this is similar or how that is addressed.

Also, can the skin from the rear section be removed or do you have to remove the whole rear section? Similarly, if I wanted to go totally topless for the day, about how long will it take to remove or reinstall the front skin? Or is this a just easier to remove the whole thing? Curious, its often easier to store/stash the skins in the truck than the whole frame, if your already out.

Again, great job! Let us know when pricing is set.

John
Sorry about the delayed response. I have been on the road and just got back last night. Leaving for Moab Friday. Anyway, I stopped posting about my top or looking at the other tops because I did not want any confusion about who did what. As it turned out 2 of the 3 tops I know of in the works showed up at the LEBC event and were very different. At 150 feet they look about the same but the closer you get the more diff. they are. It was not a matter of coping or upping the ante just two groups coming up with what they think is the best top. That is the way it should be.
The front and rear part of our top is stretched seperately so either part can be removed leaving the other part tight. In fact the rear part (rear frame, rear top, side windows and rear window) can all be removed together and remain tight by removing 8 bolts and un zipping the 2 parts. The front and rear part of the top is connected by a zipper and the zipper is covered by a flap that uses 1 velcro to hold it down. The zipper is on top of a hoop. A water hose does not produce leaks.