• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1976 bronco. Not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan777

Hey guys. Would like some input in what others think what Package this bronco has. It was originally sold at Harrisburg a couple weeks ago but now it’s in mecum Dallas. originally listed as a 1970. I think I see a ranger badge on the glove box. The grill is gray/black and I can see a green marked on the right rear top....Was the top the same as the body color and then repainted white . Could this be a special decors group with ranger package? Is that a thing? Also looks like the windshield frame is painted white...

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
looks like an auction resto. I would not buy at auction because you cant really do a great inspection. There are a lot on the open market for you to choose from. Good luck

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Definitely a 75 or 76. Some of the Ranger/Explorer gurus will be along to answer the decor questions. :)

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Not sure it's a ranger other then the badge on the g-box door n they could have easily put that there. Non factory wonky interior. Most likely is a '76. As far as I know no special decor or ranger package mixed. Oh that's over spray on the top you see. They painted the windshield frame to.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
One other thing,the rear quarters look like the ones that have been put back to uncut. Got that slight slant to it original didn't slant like that.

OP
OP
Ivan777

Ivan777

Not sure it's a ranger other then the badge on the g-box door n they could have easily put that there. Non factory wonky interior. Most likely is a '76. As far as I know no special decor or ranger package mixed. Oh that's over spray on the top you see. They painted the windshield frame to.

Thank you for your input. This sold in harrisberg for $28,500 but obviously someone changed their mind.

Hotrodjohn

Appears a 76 because of location of the evap canister on the passenger firewall, 75 had it underneath on frame. Its got the body colored dash, window trim and grill (even though wrong color) like a Ranger but dash could've been repainted. Doesn't have the rear reflectors below the tail lights like a Ranger. Non original door panels and seat covers and we cant see the rear panels. Really hard to say what it really is without frame VIN and a Marti report. I didn't see this Bronco on the Harrisburg Mecum.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
You'd be able to tell if it were a Ranger by the trim code on the vin badge too.

OP
OP
Ivan777

Ivan777

Appears a 76 because of location of the evap canister on the passenger firewall, 75 had it underneath on frame. Its got the body colored dash, window trim and grill (even though wrong color) like a Ranger but dash could've been repainted. Doesn't have the rear reflectors below the tail lights like a Ranger. Non original door panels and seat covers and we cant see the rear panels. Really hard to say what it really is without frame VIN and a Marti report. I didn't see this Bronco on the Harrisburg Mecum.

Thank you this is all I can find of it now.

https://www.google.com/search?q=197...&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=BV-uF0iQGWf7vM:

OP
OP
Ivan777

Ivan777

One other thing,the rear quarters look like the ones that have been put back to uncut. Got that slight slant to it original didn't slant like that.

Wow!!! Good eye 👁. I believe your right.

Status
Not open for further replies.