• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My '71 LUBR Build - it’s FINALLY DONE

OP
OP
MyOriginal66

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
How much raptor did it require to coat underneath and inside the tub? Also did you go up the firewall with it? hard to tell in the pics. Looks great by the way!

He used two kits... I did the underside and lower portion of the firewall in raptor. The upper portion (the section you can see when the hoods up) is paint.

OP
OP
MyOriginal66

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Got her home...

After a couple months, the '71 is back home. Mark has done a great job on the paint. It's still needs a final color sand/blocking/polishing to get the panels perfect, but it has a really nice deep reflective shine. Now begins the fun, reassembly...

I spent months collecting parts and now they're all depleted, so back to ordering stuff up;D Here's a short list of what needs to be done. There's obviously more than listed here, but these are the majors. I have a loooooong way to go. My goal is FFF 2013.

- Powder coat, paint or plate (nickel, cadmium, zinc depending on part) all the interior hard parts (pedals, twin sticks, interior tailgate/door parts, etc)

- Send gauge cluster off for refurbishing

- Clean/refurbish stock dash bezels/switches

- Dynamat/insulate floors, under dash, inside of doors, inside of quarter panels

- Wiring, which I'll do myself (I plan on giving the American Auto-wire harness from JBG a shot). I'm also adding keyless/remote-less entry, push button start, power locks, power windows, satellite tracking, Tom's (Huess33) HID projector headlights and a 1500watt sound system! WHEW!!!

- Install and tune my Projection III fuel injection (thanks Nick [Nick's Trix])

- Finish/detail engine compartment

- Remove, re-build and powder-coat/paint/detail axles

- Buy front 7100's

- Have bumpers chromed

- Install all exterior sport trim, taillights, handles, etc. after final color sanding

- Upholstery/carpet

Wish me luck!!!

Attachments

• L1010923.jpg
    L1010923.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 380
  • L1010924.jpg
    L1010924.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 394
  • L1010925.jpg
    L1010925.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 359
  • L1010929.jpg
    L1010929.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 383
  • L1010934.jpg
    L1010934.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 360
  • L1010936.jpg
    L1010936.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 348
OP
OP
MyOriginal66

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Oh, and I still have to bring Mark the hardtop to be painted body color...

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Anton, that's going to be the nicest Bronco around after you finish all that. Good job man!

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Wow that looks really nice. Can't wait to see it all done and ready to go. You have a PM.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
MyOriginal66

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Wow that looks really nice. Can't wait to see it all done and ready to go. You have a PM.

Thanks, Kev! I can't wait to see it all done and ready to go!!! I'll def keep your dad in mind for the interior.

matt w

Bronco Guru
I will Testify.....I got to see this beauty yesterday and it as Sa-Weet!....Sure will make a Bronco lover drool!

Good to meet ya yesterday....cant wait to see it all come together!;D;)

It was great to meet ya yesterday & Thanks Again Anton! ;D

OP
OP
MyOriginal66

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I will Testify.....I got to see this beauty yesterday and it as Sa-Weet!....Sure will make a Bronco lover drool!

Good to meet ya yesterday....cant wait to see it all come together!;D;)

It was great to meet ya yesterday & Thanks Again Anton! ;D

Hey Matt! Thanks and great to meet ya as well. I hope the wheels work out for ya... And remember to pay it forward if you get a chance;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
MyOriginal66

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
So I've sold my Original '66 but I'm keeping my screen name the same.

No new pics, but I just put in BIG orders with JBG and WH...

Also getting the garage cleaned up/prepared for final assembly. I'll post pics once I have updates.

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Bumper Shave

I got a better pic of the bumper profile I used. If you crop this pic, blow it up to roughly the same bumper width, cut it out, and then trace it, it should be exactly the same.

Attachments

• BumperShaveProfile.jpg
    BumperShaveProfile.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 253
OP
OP
MyOriginal66

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I got a better pic of the bumper profile I used. If you crop this pic, blow it up to roughly the same bumper width, cut it out, and then trace it, it should be exactly the same.

Hmmmmm, let's see how good I am...

You know when my bronco grows up, I want it to be just like yours!!!

Thanks Keith!

OP
OP
MyOriginal66

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I took some parts to the plater and powder coater today. Should be ready for pick up next week. I also love the fact that I've placed a few orders with Wild Horses this week and each time I've received the parts the next day! How great is that!?! I also sent my Gauge to Kevin to be restored and my window regulators to BC Broncos for their power window conversion. I bought an old school Kayline top which I'll use as a template for a new body color German canvas top (using the Kayline hardware).

I'm also sending the bronco back down to mark at Beach City Broncos for final sanding/touches and I'll have the top painted, but that won't be for a couple weeks. Hopefully I'll get some of the wiring done before that, but I doubt it. I kinda feel like I'm at a stand still until I get the paint finished/worked out so I just keep ordering parts;D I think I'm going broke...

My next delima is tires. I really want LTB's, but I'm not sure how practical they are. The other option is KM2's which is a great all around tire, but not nearly as aggressive looking.

I wish I had more pics of my progress, but it would be just a bunch of boxes with parts in them. Damn there are a lot of small parts/rubber pieces to these things!

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
I took some parts to the plater and powder coater today. Should be ready for pick up next week. I also love the fact that I've placed a few orders with Wild Horses this week and each time I've received the parts the next day! How great is that!?! I also sent my Gauge to Kevin to be restored and my window regulators to BC Broncos for their power window conversion. I bought an old school Kayline top which I'll use as a template for a new body color German canvas top (using the Kayline hardware).

I'm also sending the bronco back down to mark at Beach City Broncos for final sanding/touches and I'll have the top painted, but that won't be for a couple weeks. Hopefully I'll get some of the wiring done before that, but I doubt it. I kinda feel like I'm at a stand still until I get the paint finished/worked out so I just keep ordering parts;D I think I'm going broke...

My next delima is tires. I really want LTB's, but I'm not sure how practical they are. The other option is KM2's which is a great all around tire, but not nearly as aggressive looking.

I wish I had more pics of my progress, but it would be just a bunch of boxes with parts in them. Damn there are a lot of small parts/rubber pieces to these things!

You must feel like a little kid ready to rip through all those boxes to see your new toys :D. As for tires you can also look into the toyo open country m/t. My friend has those and they are amazing tires, and pretty quite on the street.

OP
OP
MyOriginal66

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
You must feel like a little kid ready to rip through all those boxes to see your new toys :D. As for tires you can also look into the toyo open country m/t. My friend has those and they are amazing tires, and pretty quite on the street.

Yeah, it's kinda killing me. I've opened every box and just stared at the parts (some test fitting) then put them back! Arghhhhhh, the pain!!! I have all these parts but i dont want to put them on until the paint is worked out. I still need to take my axles apart so hopefully i can get that done before I take it back to San Diego. I'm trying to stay focused on being done by FFF and not rush it (although it's only 7 months away)! I've thought about the Toyo's but the LTB'S and KM2's have the sizes I want for my 17's. I might buy a second set of wheels in 18" and I will either run the Toyo's or Cooper STT's.