• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

migs' build thread - A 1970 Bronco ...an ever evolving project

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
no wonders you didn't want to hang with us! :cool:

Joe473

I like it! Which tank did you get 23 gallon or the reduced size? How much body lift?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Joe! it's the 23 gallon tank and I have a 1" body lift.

Upgrading before I even get started.... the front shocks showed up today so here they are next to the rears. Fronts are 14" travel, rears are 11". now I just need to get all the brackets in place and get them on the truck.%)

Attachments

• IMG_7049.jpg
    IMG_7049.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to seeing it offroad!;D

Did you get an increase in your allowance? ;D;D

doesn't hurt as bad when you don't buy them all at once......:p

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Out of circulation for a bit, looking great B. Any plans to make special one off reservoir holders?

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Don't distract him from making the things no one else makes, even he buys from RuffStuff. :cool:

And yet he makes some AWESOME coil cups and shackles even though others do too................;D

He's our six million dollar man- he'll make it faster, stronger, better..........;)

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And yet he makes some AWESOME coil cups and shackles even though others do too................;D

He's our six million dollar man- he'll make it faster, stronger, better..........;)

And I wouldn't go with anything but when the choice is there.

Killer Bilsteins Brian...Can't wait to see them on your rig.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Ok, so I finally got those shocks installed. I ran into an issue with my upper rear shock mount interfering with the hose on the shock. after some trial and error I ended up changing the end of the mount so it clears. all was good so I welded them on.

For the fronts all I did was grind down some of the lower shock mount on the duff arms for a little more tire clearance. It is smoothed and rounded now to help keep from cutting the tire but it still just hits at almost full lock so I'll probably adjust the stops a tad.

Attachments

• IMG_7175.jpg
    IMG_7175.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_7173.jpg
    IMG_7173.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_7172.jpg
    IMG_7172.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_7170.jpg
    IMG_7170.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_7161.jpg
    IMG_7161.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_7166.jpg
    IMG_7166.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_7165.jpg
    IMG_7165.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_7159.jpg
    IMG_7159.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_7158.jpg
    IMG_7158.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_7152.jpg
    IMG_7152.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_7149.jpg
    IMG_7149.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 119

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Interesting trivia about those radius arm shock mounts. Over the years we have seen some tires make contact with them and others don't. Because of so many tire and wheel options out there it's hard to know who will have to adjust the bumps and who won't. Early this year one of our Bronco's had a tire rubbing on the shock mount, We wheeled it like that once real hard with no issue then adjusted the steering stop after we got back.

Typically when running dual duff shocks, if you have a tire clearance issue you will find the back shock head will usually make contact with the tire before the mount. On custom applications like yours you have the option to play with it more and dial it in.

Cool build, fun to follow. Not sure if we have met, if you're a friend of Taskers we might have already. ;D

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Interesting trivia about those radius arm shock mounts. Over the years we have seen some tires make contact with them and others don't. Because of so many tire and wheel options out there it's hard to know who will have to adjust the bumps and who won't. Early this year one of our Bronco's had a tire rubbing on the shock mount, We wheeled it like that once real hard with no issue then adjusted the steering stop after we got back.

Typically when running dual duff shocks, if you have a tire clearance issue you will find the back shock head will usually make contact with the tire before the mount. On custom applications like yours you have the option to play with it more and dial it in.

Cool build, fun to follow. Not sure if we have met, if you're a friend of Taskers we might have already. ;D
Thanks Mike, we have not met in person yet... hopefully one of these days.
the wheels I'm using have 5" of back space so that's most of the issue. I'll only be running the single shock so this was a quick and easy way to gain a little. I could have cut it off as well and moved it forward but at this point I've got enough to do already on this rig.;D

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
LOOKING good Migs!! won't be long now!!

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The rig's looking real good brother and "one-of-a-kind" at that. Keep at her.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys.
So I got some more welding to do this weekend... I decided to move the front bump stops from the axle to the frame for better looks and performance. I made up a couple of mounts to weld on the bottom of the frame giving me the distance I need to keep things from going crunch!

Attachments

• IMG_7207.jpg
    IMG_7207.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7206.jpg
    IMG_7206.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7208.jpg
    IMG_7208.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 87