• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cost Building New Bronco From Scratch (Hint it’s in the 80’s)

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Then there is the cost factor depending on your level of ability, the shop space and the tools you have. If you have a shop set up already and have all the tools and supplies left over that is a big component. I would hate to total up just the amount of things I bought from Amazon, Eastwood, Summit, Ebay, Craigslist etc just in tools and supplies to make things better easier so not farmed out. If i did it a lot they would be amortized over time but maybe consider that as well. How often will you need them again. (ps they are not an investment!)

OP
OP
T

T-7ToNewOldB

Then there is the cost factor depending on your level of ability, the shop space and the tools you have. If you have a shop set up already and have all the tools and supplies left over that is a big component. I would hate to total up just the amount of things I bought from Amazon, Eastwood, Summit, Ebay, Craigslist etc just in tools and supplies to make things better easier so not farmed out. If i did it a lot they would be amortized over time but maybe consider that as well. How often will you need them again. (ps they are not an investment!)

Honestly I consider all the tools I HAD to buy a plus of the whole project. When do you get the excuse that “I have to buy this tool, don’t want to but NEED to.”;D

OP
OP
T

T-7ToNewOldB

All said and done new tools I added were under $3k. But the Amazon’s deliveries, epic number. Prime certainly pays for itself.

SpecialEd

Loc.
Flagler Beach
Congrats on the build and for bringing us along for the ride. You answered a ton of questions that I’ve been searching for answers for. Do you have any photos of the final results? Also you mentioned about posting a detailed list or final breakdown of the project.Any chance of sharing it with the group?Thank You for the time you spent sharing all the info of your build. You are greatly appreciated.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I wasn't planning on it, but I ended up basically building mine from scratch. I spent more on the motor than I shouid have and used the frame and most of the body, but I'm not quite done yet and am clocking in at about $80,000 in receipts so far, for the base Bronco ($7500) and with me doing most of the labor.

It's the little things that add up, and shipping.

This^^^

Same starting point, no paint job so that saved $10,000. I was advised by numerous paint and Bronco experts to NOT paint it.

Not counting my time, parts alone, custom motor, frame rebuild, I'm pushing $50,000. I had luxury of Driven Auto saving me tons by being local, excellent labor rates, outstanding advice. Plus, It did keep me busy as my hobby over 13 years, so ONLY $3,800 a year for a hobby is cheap right? Golf is over $200 average a round and only playing every other week is $5,200 not counting thousands in sticks. Plus I can drive this thing.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I think i estimated mine at about 35K ...picked up all my parts personally to save on shipping, most of it was $10/hr labor i paid to local high school kids who wanted to work and learn some basic auto skills.

AlexxMW

rydog1130, that's a fair price, I think. Anyway, in some specific situations, I would rather take a used car, and split it into good and reliable components and details, why not. You can check out website link here, it's a well-known Drive Axis resource, which can open your eyes on some models with the perfect condition and with the lowest prices on the cars' market.

Last edited: