• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to get this anti-rollover valve protector bracket?

betzgb

Contributor
I am looking if anyone has seen a source for one of these brackets? I think they were used on the 76 & 77 frames to protect the anti-rollover vent valve in the line between the fuel tank and the charcoal canister. Thanks!

Attachments

• Fuel Canister.jpg
    Fuel Canister.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 149

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Call Randy at Driven (602) 269-3969 I think he will have one. Might have to send him the pic. It's a pretty random part. Come to think of it I can't remember seeing this on my 76-77s. Where is it mounted? Frame, body?

Jim

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Call Randy at Driven (602) 269-3969 I think he will have one. Might have to send him the pic. It's a pretty random part. Come to think of it I can't remember seeing this on my 76-77s. Where is it mounted? Frame, body?

Jim

Jim,

Mounted on the Frame, passenger side, outboard.

Somewhere on this site there is a thread that talks about this part and someone found it on a DeLorerian (sp?) parts website. Can't remember if it was a complete unit or just the valve... But it was the same unit.

Attachments

• R-side floor pan3.JPG
    R-side floor pan3.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 116
OP
OP
B

betzgb

Contributor
Just to be clear, I am looking for the mounting bracket not the valve itself. I have the valve sourced from DeLorean.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You might have to just make one from scratch IMO.

OP
OP
B

betzgb

Contributor
Yes looking like I will end up making one. Seems to be a unique part.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So the one in the picture is not yours betzgb? 'Cause if'n it is, that one looks like it would clean up real easy. Might even look brand new after you're done.
If it's not yours, bummer.

For those with '76's and no valve, do you have the full outside-the-frame plumbing orientation for the charcoal canister? And do you also have the high-mount canister under the hood, or is it still using the round metal can on the frame?
Just wondering if the valve was a running change during, or after the changeover to the new style canister.

Paul

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
rollover valves are odd, they really dont do anything if you rollover, nothing closes, what happens is any liquid moving through it forces the valve close. Air does not.

Our problem is most of our tank vents are prone, when tank is full, to push liquid through the vent line when you brake to slow down. Thats why that plastic container behind the driver seat was invented, it was the rollover valve by making a place for fuel to slosh until it could drain back into the tank.

Thanks for delorean link i'm ordering another one, i had one ten years ago, really i did.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
the lill plastic tank is by ur left hip when driving. Has at least 3 lines
into it?. Its hidden by a sheetmetal cover @ an upside dwn "V" in the
surrounding frame work (been awhile since I saw it, just aft of the
door opening).
Tryin to remember if I saw the valve too. U can make the mounting
lill sheet metal mounting bracket with a scrap and vice, a chunk of 2X
to wack for the 90* angles. The cover would be tougher if U need to
make one of them (but doable). Speaking of fuel systems-

I'd like a "roll over switch". All the ele fuel pumps folks retro fit (efi
systems, vapor lock, etc) continiously pump fuel in what can B cat-0-