• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BCB's new top

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The PP (patent pending) is here so we can talk about our new top. This is what we have been working on for over 2 years.
Today 06-05-07 I changed the below pictures and discriptions. That reminds me,tomorrow Debbie and I will be married 37 years. I guess that makes me the smart one:) Thank you DEBBIE
3932 rear view of the full top on Jason's EB
3934 is a rear view of the top with the rear window removed
3936 is the right rear corner of Jason's EB with the rear and side windows removed. Notice there are no bows in the side window view. The 1"x2" frame will support the top and a roof rack without the extra bows
3942 this is a picture of the right rear corner with the rear portion removed. You can see the stock bulkhead and our shelf.
3943 right side with the rear portion removed
3949 right rear view with the rear window moved forward to make the 1/2 cab with the stock bulkhead and our shelf. We will soon have the full bulkhead that will leave more room inside.
3951 this is a rear view with the tailgate down for a better view of the bulkhead and rear window. That's Jason
3954 this picture is of the left rear corner of Jason's EB with the 1/2 cab top and doors.
3956 This picture is of the left side with the full top and doors.
The rear panel can be moved forward to complete the 1/2 cab. The 1/2 cab configuration gives more room than the stock 1/2 cab so bigger people can feel comfortable.
The frame is strong 1"x 2" tube and is set up for the roof rack.
There is no tube crossing the side windows.
Glass half cab side windows
No holes to drill. 8 bolts to remove the rear half or the whole top.
New windshield riser
Designed to use stock door rubber
We have not worked up the price yet.

Attachments

• web3932.jpg
    web3932.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,855
  • web3934.jpg
    web3934.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 665
  • web3936.jpg
    web3936.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 972
  • web3942.jpg
    web3942.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 988
  • web3943.jpg
    web3943.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 873
  • web3949.jpg
    web3949.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,113
  • web3951.jpg
    web3951.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 895
  • web3954.jpg
    web3954.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 696
  • web3956.jpg
    web3956.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,664
Last edited:

SWFLABRONCO

Loc.
Cape Coral, Fl
Well, I see where my next free paycheck is going. Any Idea on pricing Chuck? The halfcab/fullcab option would be necessity for me.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hard top look with the convenience of a soft top.. Sweet..

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Chuck: Very nice. I like how you did the half cab and side window arrangement. Is there a lower curtain for the rear panel when it is used for the half cab?

Brewbro21

Thank god...it's as good as I had hoped! This is an awesome looking top with function too. You might have said this before but what fabric is it made of? What colors can you get? Also how does it sell around the doors, better or the same as a hard top? Does that side glass come out/off?

Where is the list that I can sign up on? When will you start selling?

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Chuck: Very nice. I like how you did the half cab and side window arrangement. Is there a lower curtain for the rear panel when it is used for the half cab?
The rear window moves foreward to just behind the 1/4 windows but we have not worked on the lower bulkhead, thinking we can use the stock 1/2 cab bulkhead with a few adjustments.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Thank god...it's as good as I had hoped! This is an awesome looking top with function too. You might have said this before but what fabric is it made of? What colors can you get? Also how does it sell around the doors, better or the same as a hard top? Does that side glass come out/off?

Where is the list that I can sign up on? When will you start selling?
Thank you, there is a lot more to come. We were planning on sumbrella but may have found a better product, we're looking into that now.
Color, this may depend on who ends up making them for us and what fabric we use but the plan is to have black, white, tan and blue as stock colors and whatever they have or can get as custom orders. One of the colors I saw the new fabric in was lime green and the samples were 4" thick
The top uses the stock door rubber so will seal up as good as the doors on a hard top.
You can remove the frame as part of the top but the glass is installed like new cars.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Well, I see where my next free paycheck is going. Any Idea on pricing Chuck? The halfcab/fullcab option would be necessity for me.
Jason still has hopes of selling them for around $800, I don't think that can happen but hope for around $1000. Either way you can't hold me to anything, we will know the price when all the cost come in.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Chuck-

Very nice job on the top. I was kind of curious how you would up the ante with Rick's new top coming on line. The half-cab/full top combo is genius. How do these two surfaces seal, though. I had a softy made about 13 yrs ago that was similar, it sealed fine with a 1.5" wide strip of hook/loop. Just wondering if this is similar or how that is addressed.

Also, can the skin from the rear section be removed or do you have to remove the whole rear section? Similarly, if I wanted to go totally topless for the day, about how long will it take to remove or reinstall the front skin? Or is this a just easier to remove the whole thing? Curious, its often easier to store/stash the skins in the truck than the whole frame, if your already out.

Again, great job! Let us know when pricing is set.

John

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
The rear window moves foreward to just behind the 1/4 windows but we have not worked on the lower bulkhead, thinking we can use the stock 1/2 cab bulkhead with a few adjustments.

I think you should consider offering a soft lower bulkhead for those of us who don't have a steel bulkhead. It really does look like an awesome top!

Last edited: