• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Landsharks 76er Refresh and Build

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Gotcha, that makes sense. I am rebuilding my heater box right now actually. Haven't put it in place yet to see what I'm dealing with in terms of where the 2 hard lines will end up. I've still got my fingers crossed they'll be the correct size, but all my reading on here suggests that might be foolish thinking!

you will probably be fine.. the hard ends that exit through the firewall seem to be too long on the new heater cores... which is what i have. So you might have to trim it. I would test fit it a few times to make sure, easier to make the cut without it installed.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Well this is mainly just to document whats going on and keeping a list going for me..

Hopefully in the next few weeks I will get back finishing the bronco... I need to do some touch up underneath and on the backside of some of the panels - maybe even installing the stereo/speakers.. just so cold out there hard to do any finishing work as nothing dries in this cold.

I have a few things on my list that dont require paint or recovering something...

I need to setup the gears again in the rear, they are making noise... so Iam going to pull the rear pumpkin sooner or later and see whats going on. Maybe even re-gear for 31's.. or leave the 3.5 in there and keep on trucking.. we will see.

I have a valve cover leak and can't get to the bolt.. so I have to take the upper intake off to snug them all down and check the PCV valve to make sure its working and the filter isn't plugged up causing pressure to build.. i think its just loose covers I never checked them once i put them on.. opps..

also need to get the power steering box rebuilt, already have a line on that but the high pressure hose connection at the fitting on the box is leaking... annoying

other than that running like a champ..

cb21

Loc.
Ogden, Utah
Wow, looks great. Your bronco has the look I want. Save me the trouble of un cutting mine and swap me rides. :)

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
It is looking amazing Landshark! What color carpet is that? I have been trying to decide which one I should go with and your's looks great, but I have parchment seats.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
It is looking amazing Landshark! What color carpet is that? I have been trying to decide which one I should go with and your's looks great, but I have parchment seats.

dark green ;)

i will find out the exact carpet color and where i got it and post up.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru

here is the info for the carpet.. i ordered it through Melissa at the Bronco Hut..

30/26-069 dark olive loop

Hope that helps

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Thanks to a fellow Colorado Bronco Owner we got the rear end setup correctly this time.. was starting to chew through the ring gear a bit - opps.. well guess I learned a lesson..

Nice and quiet now and no more whirlling noise - one more thing off my check list!

Next up.. valve cover reseal.. then power steering box rebuild (only thing I didn't rebuild or service), then stereo.. and other little bits

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Forgot I had a couple of photos of the bronco on the ramp ;)

2012-12-01_11-51-06_856.jpeg

2012-12-01_11-50-51_391.jpeg

75Denver

I don't know where I've been the last couple years but I just read through your entire build over breakfast and love it! Amazing work!! That's one of the cleanest starters I've seen in a long time. And the color combination, one of my top pick. I can't wait to see your next project. Would I be correct in assuming you might sell this one to fund the next?%)

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
I don't know where I've been the last couple years but I just read through your entire build over breakfast and love it! Amazing work!! That's one of the cleanest starters I've seen in a long time. And the color combination, one of my top pick. I can't wait to see your next project. Would I be correct in assuming you might sell this one to fund the next?%)

thanks! yes got lucky the original truck was a good candidate for a frame off restore ;)

I still need to put the finishing touches on it.. missing the chrome around the windows (they need to be straightened and polished), tire carrier, aftermarket radio in tuffy console, touch up work underneath, steering box rebuild and some other little touch up details here and there - not to mention I will probably recover the front seats this spring, too many holes in the drivers side.

as far as selling it.. i dont think i would ever find a nicer one and would kick myself, so we will see. right now i plan on driving it for the time being and enjoying it.

next project will probably be a cut offroad version to replace my fullsize bronco rock crawler...but anything is possible!

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Landshark, I've said it before and I'll say it again - love your build! Turned out awesome.

Would be curious to ask the following question.... with the wisdom gained only by experience, is there anything you would've done differently?

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Landshark, I've said it before and I'll say it again - love your build! Turned out awesome.

Would be curious to ask the following question.... with the wisdom gained only by experience, is there anything you would've done differently?

thanks, well off the top of my head I obviously should have taken the frame and body in and got the whole thing blasted, would have saved me allot of time on my back in the garage over the winter and in the long run saved me money. It cost about the same if not more to buy the blast media and if you count the time - probably months, where as it would have taken just a day or two to do the whole truck and frame. I would have then had the body stored while i put everything together on the frame.. including engine, transmission, axles etc... then had the body painted and set it on the frame and build it from there..

In hindsight It would have been nice to have overdrive and I would have built the 302 a bit beefier, although I dont regret the rebuilt c4 or the engine, it runs very very nice - would have been a "nice to have" kind of thing.

There are other small little things but as you said i learned allot and doing it again I would be twice as fast obviously - now that i know where everything goes ;)

I haven't really decided what to do with the truck, i drive it once a week but I almost feel like I'm not enjoying it as someone else might (its too nice), that being said I will probably drive it a bit more once the weather is better, but the longer I have it the more I want to start tweaking things!

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Did you keep the aux tank, and if so do you think was worth the trouble? I know you put a 23 main in the rear.

Also, how about the suspension? Happy with that? Did you go the extended front shock mounts or just standard length?

Thanks!

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Did you keep the aux tank, and if so do you think was worth the trouble? I know you put a 23 main in the rear.

Also, how about the suspension? Happy with that? Did you go the extended front shock mounts or just standard length?

Thanks!

I kept the aux tank and iam using it as a transfer tank, the pump on it is a slooooow one.. might change it out sooner or later for a faster one. Other than that it works great, works off the dash switch.

love the suspension, no complaints rides nice for a Bronco. I used the stock shock mounts up front just new shocks.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I can't say anything that others haven't already said about your bronco. I love the fact that you did all that work in that small space. Great job on your build. That is truly a vehicle anyone would be proud to own yet alone to have done all the work yourself. Congrats.

Henry

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I can't say anything that others haven't already said about your bronco. I love the fact that you did all that work in that small space. Great job on your build. That is truly a vehicle anyone would be proud to own yet alone to have done all the work yourself. Congrats.

Henry

X2 on what Henry said. This by far is my favorite LUBR. A job well done:cool::cool::cool:.

Fred

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Not much to update on but I did replace the exhaust manifold gaskets and resealed the valve covers as i had a little leak out the back on one.. wow so quiet now didn't realize how loud the exhaust leak was!

I also took the bronco to my first car show at All Ford Day at the local Dragstrip (Bandimere) and picked up an award for best of show runner up in the Truck, SUV, Wagon category pretty neat! Now I just need to finish up the restore in the next couple of months to call it done!

IMG_2289.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
I finally got around to installing my check engine light

IMG_2516.JPG

Started to install my straightened and polished door trim...

IMG_2513.JPG

Took it for a drive to test out the viper built steering box ;)

IMG_2518.JPG

Drives pretty well. Still a little slop but honestly that could be the alignment, tie rods or some combo of both. iam going to get an alignment here soon and see how far its off.