• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WA Another Scam Listing

Ttime

Just giving Bronco hunters the heads up to avoid this Scam listing....Again, it follows typical pattern with only pics of Body, 1 Paragraph description, and lately they have been listing them all with Washington State locations. These scammers hi-jack Ebay user Id's , steal pics off the internet and prey on unsuspecting consumers....Just wanted to make sure no one gets caught up sending these scammers any $$$$.

I have notified Ebay and expect it will be removed in next few days.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Ford-Bronco/193149177728?hash=item2cf8968f80:g:rCwAAOSwzy9dnb0L

smittymike19

the pictures are from a bring a trailer post. I emailed him to see how he was going to try and scam me. He wants a drivers license photo.

OP
OP
T

Ttime

@smittymike19 I have had quite extensive dealings with several of these scammers and some are quite sophisticated. They have Titles and Drivers Licenses all ready to email to you if you were to ask them for that...they do quite a good job on their photo shopping of these documents and the average online shopper could be easily fooled. You are correct that the pics and the info are from BAT...I noticed that too.

bhartwell59

Loc.
Dallas, TX
OP
OP
T

Ttime

@bhartwell59 I am pretty seasoned at spotting these scams and some of the tell-tale signs are limited pictures and brief descriptions usually one paragraph long. I usually also recognize the pics from other places where they typically steal them like Bring A Trailer where this one was stolen from.

It is not easy to spot these if you are not a really avid Ebay person or do not look at Broncos for sale constantly like me and some others do. This particular one has actually been re-listed for some odd reason and I am in process of trying to get Ebay to remove it again. Ebay is terrible about identifying these and reacting quickly which is why I post them here when I see them.

Here is the re-listed one:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/tcnpc2/m.h...OwAAAOSwEy1dlxhx&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I contacted this particular one and just got a phone # from them and a link to more pics which are stolen from Bring A Trailer site. I will call and play along but I am 100% positive it is a scam. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
T

Ttime

Amazed Ebay is not responding quicker. The best way to report a listing that you believe is a scam is to cut and paste the link and email it to them at spoof@ebay.com.

Maybe if several other folks send this one to them they will do something...in the mean time I would bet several people are about to lose $$$ to these scammers

This individual gave me a name and phone # and I called him yesterday. He claims his name is Antonio Hill and his # is : (309) 863-5592 I can tell you from his accent he sure does not sound like a guy named Antonio Hill and he hesitated when answering all my questions. When I told him I was flying to the Chicago area and would like to come see the car in the next few days he said he was not available until the weekend. I told him Saturday was fine and asked him for his address. He told me to text him...I asked him to just to tell me on the phone and he stumbled at which point I asked how he could sell a Bronco he does not own. He asked what I meant and I told him I knew he did not own this Bronco and was scamming people. He then hung up.

Feel free to give Antonio a call!!!

Stay safe out there Bronco hunters!!!

mebco09

Amazed Ebay is not responding quicker. The best way to report a listing that you believe is a scam is to cut and paste the link and email it to them at spoof@ebay.com.

Maybe if several other folks send this one to them they will do something...in the mean time I would bet several people are about to lose $$$ to these scammers

This individual gave me a name and phone # and I called him yesterday. He claims his name is Antonio Hill and his # is : (309) 863-5592 I can tell you from his accent he sure does not sound like a guy named Antonio Hill and he hesitated when answering all my questions. When I told him I was flying to the Chicago area and would like to come see the car in the next few days he said he was not available until the weekend. I told him Saturday was fine and asked him for his address. He told me to text him...I asked him to just to tell me on the phone and he stumbled at which point I asked how he could sell a Bronco he does not own. He asked what I meant and I told him I knew he did not own this Bronco and was scamming people. He then hung up.

Feel free to give Antonio a call!!!

Stay safe out there Bronco hunters!!!

Dude-This is awesome.

Lemme guess, by his accent, his name should be Ivan or Sergey or Vlad....

My rule with ebay is that if its over a couple hundred bucks, and I can't touch it and see it in person- its not real.

OP
OP
T

Ttime

Well,I have actually had plenty of great buying experiences on big ticket items on Ebay but no doubt you have to be extra cautious especially on vehicles. At the very least get phone # and speak to the person and ask the right questions. Google the address they give you. Ask for a pic of the Title laying on or in the vehicle.

Still just amazed at how often the scammers are listing vehicles on Ebay with hijacked ebay user names....Ebay should have much better security and detection in place...even worse they are slow to react when it is brought to their attention.

OP
OP
T

Ttime

This shows you how ridiculous Ebay is...they sent me email telling me that the persons Ebay ID was accessed by unauthorized 3rd party but yet they still have left the auction running so someone can still be scammed...Thanks Ebay, thanks for doing almost nothing to protect consumers.

Hello xxxxx,

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from tcnpc2 through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.

We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them. Nothing is wrong with your account at this time – this message is just being sent as a precaution. If you have received any messages from that appears suspicious, please feel free to forward them to us at spoof@ebay.com for review.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sounds about right.. :(

This shows you how ridiculous Ebay is...they sent me email telling me that the persons Ebay ID was accessed by unauthorized 3rd party but yet they still have left the auction running so someone can still be scammed...Thanks Ebay, thanks for doing almost nothing to protect consumers.

Hello xxxxx,

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from tcnpc2 through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.

We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them. Nothing is wrong with your account at this time – this message is just being sent as a precaution. If you have received any messages from that appears suspicious, please feel free to forward them to us at spoof@ebay.com for review.