• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BCB's new top

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
i don't see any pics with the top in "Moon roof/targa" mode. Is it convenient to do? Or, is it sum-what aquward to accomplish this?

I know the new Heep and Geo Snacker tops have mech to unclip and then fold back the top as easy as a sun-roof dose on modern cars, is it this easy on this top??

Regardless, I dig it and am scrape'n the piggy's belly as we speak, by the time they are for sale I'll be place'n the order!

THX CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:
The front can be rolled back or removed by removing 3 strapes and the snaps across the front

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The top will be available in white. The time? I hope in the next few weeks. The sew shop will have the top later this week for a few finishing touches. Then he will make one from the patern and give me a price. I am leaving for Moab Friday, I hope he will be done by the time I get back.

Proeliator

Damn, the final product is so sweet my prostrate spasmed just looking at the pics ;D Goodbye hardtop, softtop and bikini top!

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Sorry, I'm tying to find out how tall from the bed rails to the highest point. Or how much taller is the center than a stock hard top?
I will measure from the floor to the top of the center of the hoop tomorrow and let you know.

JKrieg70

Loc.
Columbus, GA
Chuck, I would like to see some more photos if you have any. Maybe some taken of the inside, where the doors seal, wiper area (do you need a drop bracket)? Is there a way to put on a roof rack?

Thanks

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I will take some pictures of the inside when I get home about the end of the week. The doors seal usin tg stock door rubber same as a hard top. You will need a drop bracket. The frame is set up for a roof rack(brackets) but we have not yet adressed the roof rack other than the frame brackets.

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
After Chuck gets back from Moab we will be posting lots of picts. of the top in Full mode (with and without side or back windows), 1/2 cab mode (with and without bulkhead or rear dash), Sun Roof Mode, Targa Mode, Safari Mode, also picts from the inside.

Very soon we will have the picts of the roof rack and a few other options we still have under our hats.

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
77BroncoWag. Here's a clip from post #37

The front and rear part of our top is stretched seperately so either part can be removed leaving the other part tight. In fact the rear part (rear frame, rear top, side windows and rear window) can all be removed together and remain tight by removing 8 bolts and un zipping the 2 parts. The front and rear part of the top is connected by a zipper and the zipper is covered by a flap that uses 1 velcro to hold it down. The zipper is on top of a hoop. A water hose does not produce leaks.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I'm in need of a new top as well, I like the looks of the CanBack tops BCB used to sell, and I hope this will be better! Can they be used with soft doors? If not will you be coming out with soft doors that will work with this top? I to like the 1/2 cab option and would be interested in a soft bulkhead as well. Less than $1000.00 is a reasonable price. Vary nice!

Ken

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The top uses stock door rubber so you can use any door that will fit a stock hard top. I plan to make door tops for my roadstar door and full soft doors also.
The 1/2 cab is not an option, it's part of the setup, std equip. The lower part of the 1/2 cab is not included but we will be offering several options including a bulkhead.
The price is still not fixed.

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Whats it made out of Chuck? Herculite Canvas type material? What is the going price?

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
thanks! Guess I was blinded by the 14 hr work day;)

Wow, that would do it. :eek: I'm still hoping to hear about the height to see if it will fit in my garage without major construction. With 37s and the Bestop its a pain dropping the center hoop to get in.