• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BCB's new top

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Whats it made out of Chuck?

Herculite Canvas type material?

What is the going price?

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
We still don't have that worked out. We are waiting on samples of some new material and the sew shop has still not given us a price.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I'll bet you never thought retiring from you "normal job" a few years back would be so dam hard!

Dan
I have been retired 1 yr. 2 mos. now and am in need of a vacation. Don't know how I was able to go to work before :)
We are looking at Top Gun and another product this week. Both look about like sunbrilla but are stronger, do better in the sun and are more water resistant

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
up date, monday morning. I picked up Jason's EB from the top shop Sat. the top looks good in Top Gun. I will get some pictures before we take it off Jasons EB and put it on mine. I will be at the BBBB in Big Bear Ca friday. The front is the same part that we had in
Tenn. a week or so ago so the front part has 2400 miles in it, some at 80 mph. Hard to tell if it make any noise because I only have 1/2 doors but the topdoes not flap while going 80 mph.
Top Gun comes in about 20 colors and all will be available. I will post some pictures later to day along with the color chart. The top shop has still not come up with a price, hopefully today they will.

gkling01

Thanks for the update. Once you get the price figured out will you be able to start production?
Thanks,
Gkling

broncokak

Bronco Guru
up date, monday morning. I picked up Jason's EB from the top shop Sat. the top looks good in Top Gun. I will get some pictures before we take it off Jasons EB and put it on mine. I will be at the BBBB in Big Bear Ca friday. The front is the same part that we had in
Tenn. a week or so ago so the front part has 2400 miles in it, some at 80 mph. Hard to tell if it make any noise because I only have 1/2 doors but the topdoes not flap while going 80 mph.
Top Gun comes in about 20 colors and all will be available. I will post some pictures later to day along with the color chart. The top shop has still not come up with a price, hopefully today they will.

WOW...20 colors! I'd be happy with black! ;D

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
Here are a few more pictures
1 sun roof mode.
2 the new rear dash option when using the stock type bulk head.
3 rear dash from inside with rear window moved forward.
4 full top with doors and in need of a good paint job.

Attachments

• DSC06972.JPG
    DSC06972.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC06973.JPG
    DSC06973.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC06974.JPG
    DSC06974.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC06975.JPG
    DSC06975.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 358

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Here are a few more pictures
1 sun roof mode.
2 the new rear dash option when using the stock type bulk head.
3 rear dash from inside with rear window moved forward.
4 full top with doors and in need of a good paint job.

Looks nice!!!!

Question...are the windows just behind the doors are part of the frame work? I guess I wondering if they come off when you take the rest of the canvas off.

Thanks

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
Chuck changed the picts on the first post look at them again the picts you are looking for are their.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Looks nice!!!!

Question...are the windows just behind the doors are part of the frame work? I guess I wondering if they come off when you take the rest of the canvas off.

Thanks
They are part of the frame work. They can be removed but are the foundation (stabilizing force)for all the other parts and the roof rack. Also the front edge of the window frame is where the stock door rubber mounts. The window frame also stabilizes the windshield frame through the above door metal parts. The whole top including the side window comes off with 10 bolts