• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

6R80 to Dana 20 Shift Linkage Pics

Cecjap

Any pics of 6R80/Dana 20 Shift Linkage would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Any pics of 6R80/Dana 20 Shift Linkage would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Starting to order parts to put a 6r80 in my 75 with a SBF. Going to watch this also. I have spoken with Jason at BC about the use of the 6r80. They are in the process of installing one with a SBF and D20. I have not been able to reach him in the past week so not sure how the project is going. I think they have been getting ready for a Baja race coming up soon.

cali_zuk

I'm Interested in this swap too! I'm curious how well it will hold up to high hp?

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm Interested in this swap too! I'm curious how well it will hold up to high hp?
6r80s are rated for nearly 600 ftlb of torque if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Not worried about the 6R80, I would worry more about the D20.
Talking with Karl (US Shift) at SEMA he was commenting that the transmission has really beefy clutches and can take about 1000 HP in stock form. There is a guy at work who has a Coyote F150 with a huge Whipple blower on it. Somewhere around 700HP to the tires in street trim. Running a stock transmission.

cali_zuk

That's with the efi pulling fuel/timing during the shift, but with a carb or tbi style efi, that's not going to happen. I'd be worried about burning up the trans. Having said that, I fully intend on doing this swap myself.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Thanks cali_zuk, that's all I've heard also. I was researching the 6r80 for my build last year but tranny programming wasn't tested and adapters weren't available 12 months ago...computer programming can do some amazing things to preserve things downstream...