• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff Rocker Guards

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Finally installed my Duff Rocker Guards.

I got the ones with tube step to keep big stumps off of my doors.
No real rocks in Florida....but lots of big, hidden stumps that will take out a rocker.

Love me some Duff's

Attachments

• 19113.jpg
    19113.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 197
  • 19114.jpg
    19114.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 172
OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Next is the SRE Stonecrusher Steering system and Torque Tamer from Duffs.

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
Want to put those on, but cant seem to get an answer if they will work with a Kentrol fiberglass tub. Even called Duffs and no luck with an answer. :(

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Looks great have a set I need to install, so much to do and so little time.

I had to bust this into two separate weekends.....but it could be done in an afternoon.

The problem is after you massage your old and tweaked rocker and drill holes in your sheet metal you need to prime and paint to protect from future rust so .....ya know ....it snowballs...lol

Having said that.....it is another great part from Duff's that could be installed in an afternoon if I had my stuff together and didn't want to tweak and fix and paint everything as I went....

Bronco life

Hultzger

Loc.
Martinez
Those do look good.
Does anyone think they'll work on mine or have a suggestion for something? The PO cut out the rockers.:eek:

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
These mount to the rockers so they may not work for you.

Some fellas here on cb have taken a piece of square tube steel. They weld that into the body.
It may sound clunky but these guys make it look good and it is uber strong.
Some make it look just like the stock rocker "at a glance" ....

others take something like a 2"x6" steel tube and weld that in place of the rocker. It provides more clearance and sticks out past the body a bit. It's a good look.

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I would want Mike or Susie at Duff's to answer that question.

It seems like that it would dramatically reinforce that area of the tub and would be a good thing. But I'm just not sure. You may be a candidate for the rocker guards that bolt or weld to the frame

Hultzger

Loc.
Martinez
These mount to the rockers so they may not work for you.

Some fellas here on cb have taken a piece of square tube steel. They weld that into the body.
It may sound clunky but these guys make it look good and it is uber strong.
Some make it look just like the stock rocker "at a glance" ....

others take something like a 2"x6" steel tube and weld that in place of the rocker. It provides more clearance and sticks out past the body a bit. It's a good look.

That sounds like a good fix. I'll have to search for some photos. Thanks!

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
I would want Mike or Susie at Duff's to answer that question.

It seems like that it would dramatically reinforce that area of the tub and would be a good thing. But I'm just not sure. You may be a candidate for the rocker guards that bolt or weld to the frame
I was thinking they may help protect in a t-bone on the street with my FG tub is why I wanted them. Cars would hit both wheels/tires but there is always some under-ride that may cause a push up into that area. Some steel rockers would help for sure. Plus they look cool.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
ok. I have the NON-step version from duffs and they mount with several riv-nuts along the top/center but the end attaching points are bolted through the rear quarter and the front fender. so those two areas can get a large washer/piece of plate put behind it for support. also if your front fender is steel that will help too. for the other bolts, I would not use the riv nut in FG in that area for fear of pulling out of the glass. I dont know how the back side of that tub looks but I would look at opening up the back side so you can get a long threaded plate in there or maybe drill holes all the way through so you can put sleeves in each hole and a long plate on the back side to be able to mount it all snugly

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
'Bout a year and a half.
Still love them.
Use them as steps and I'm 6'5" & 260lbs.

Love me some Duffs