• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

6cyl to 302 questions

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
building a bronco for a customer. havent done too many 3 sp on the columns(usually autos or 5 speed, and np435) but the customer wanted to swap the stock 6cylinder for a 302, but retained the column shift. The motor is getting rebuilt now, Ive already grabbed a mid plate, v8 trans/adapter, and getting the bell housing/shift fork tomorrow.

curious if the shift rods and levers from from 6cyl trans would work with the v8 trans? Ive already loosely installed the new frame mounts for the motor on the frame. waiting to test fit the v8,trans,and tcase before burning the mounts in.

also curious if the stock equalizer bar for the 6cyl would work...i think it should tho. anyway thanks for the help

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin

also curious if the stock equalizer bar for the 6cyl would work...i think it should tho. anyway thanks for the help

If you’re talking about the clutch pivot assembly on the frame rail that is different for V8 as well. You’ll also need the bell crank assembly vs the accelerator cable that the six uses

broncochevy

Loc.
Orcutt, CA
If you’re talking about the clutch pivot assembly on the frame rail that is different for V8 as well. You’ll also need the bell crank assembly vs the accelerator cable that the six uses

X two on what he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk