• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New skinny tires

knack

Contributor
Liking these so far. 235/85-16 Pirelli Scorpion Mud. Only radial mud terrain of this size I've been able to find with a C load rating.

Haven't had a chance to play off road with them yet, but so far so great! 2-1/2" suspension and 1" body lift. No rubbing anywhere, even steering full lock.

Attachments

• Pirelli pic_1.jpg
    Pirelli pic_1.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 330
  • Pirelli pic_2.jpg
    Pirelli pic_2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 245

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Looking good.. Like that extra Cab protection you got going there..

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Those skinnies do look good on there. Your paint job might not like them though if you have to drive on any gravel. I have some big lug skinnies on mine and they will pick up an inch and a half stone and bounce it off your truck at about 40 miles an hour. I am going to change mine over for everyday driving and use the big lug ones for show. Ken

OP
OP
K

knack

Contributor
Thanks all!

As for gravel getting thrown around - too late for the good advice. I also use a set of Super Swampers about the same size. The rock chips just aren't showing up in the photos.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Time to add some clear film to the lower rockers to keep chips at bay. Cheaper than a paint job

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I had it put on my Toyota pick-up when i bought the truck new in 2016. It was put on by the dealer. I have bought some 3M film for my Bronco from TCP Global but i havent put it on yet.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
those look really aggressive. Suits the Bronco-look perfectly.
What height did they measure out at on the vehicle? Width and height?
Assuming 7" wheels?

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks all!

As for gravel getting thrown around - too late for the good advice. I also use a set of Super Swampers about the same size. The rock chips just aren't showing up in the photos.

Live and learn right.. :)

OP
OP
K

knack

Contributor
those look really aggressive. Suits the Bronco-look perfectly.
What height did they measure out at on the vehicle? Width and height?
Assuming 7" wheels?

Paul

9.8 X 31.6" (measuring diameter horizontally) Wheels are 7" wide.

Thanks!