• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL For Sale: Rare 1966 Ford Bronco Roadster U13 VIN: U13FL755004

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmann5811

Rare 1966 Ford Bronco Roadster U13 VIN: U13FL755004 /// 100% RUST FREE! Bronco was garaged it’s whole life and is believed to have all original sheet metal /// A true Roadster (VIN U13) model was only made the first three years (1966-1968) of the ‘66-‘77 first generation Early Broncos. The Roadsters only totaled 5,000 units out of the production run of 225,000+ of all ‘66-‘77 Early Broncos. By best estimates of the Bronco gurus figure there are less than 150 left today and with only 100 registered. Out of the 100, there is only 10-15 that are original or restored back to original like condition. /// Original Ford Bronco blue color and options /// The body is original unrestored condition, Bronco runs good and drives as it should /// one repaint /// Complete electric wiring harness replacement /// odometer reads 15,433 miles but is not functioning as of a couple of months ago. Not sure if this is orignal miles. /// The engine has been modified to upgrade to a 351 Windsor with a 4-barrel Edlebrock carberator, exhaust has been upgraded to dual headers with high performance glass pack muffler and chrome tip pipes. A tachometer was added, but stopped working last month. In the hot Florida summer, she overheats in traffic, but is good at road speed. This can be fixed with a high performance electric fan, which I have been searching for. /// The original 3-speed on the column has been modified to a 3-speed on the floor. It has a 3” lift kit with 33x 12.5R16L Wildcat Radial LT tires and chrome wheels. /// The undercarriage, body, and bed have all be stripped of all rust prior to re-painting. The bed has a brush on Rhino-lining type coating to preserve it. /// A roll bar was added and she has two BesTop tops; one is a full cover with sides and back that zip off and removable doors; and the other is a Bikini top that only covers the front two seats. /// Don’t miss this chance to own a part of automotive history! I consider this Bronco a high end driver, but due to its rarity, originality and excellent condition, she is a definite don’t miss opportunity. /// I updated to add photos. /// Would like to get your expert opinion on what I should expect to see her for!?! /// I'm in the process of posting her on bringatrailer.com where there will be more photos. Thanks, Tracy

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

Nev7

Good luck with the sale. A restored 66 V6 roadster could fetch high five figures. From a collector’s perspective you may be a bit at a disadvantage if you don’t have the original engine. I was recently able to acquire a 66 V8 Roadster in great shape - the rarest of the rare, and will be restoring it at Bronco Barn in Lancaster, PA.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
It is no longer 'original' when you've:
1. Repainted (hopefully the F code - Arcadian Blue) AND bed lined
2. Replaced wiring harness
3. Swapped engines
4. Moved the shifter to the floor
5. Added a lift kit

It has some good stats for a driver, but please don't use the word original. Beyond some metal; it doesn't sound like much hasn't been touched.

Post some pics; I'm also in FL and always willing to come and look at what you've got. And go ahead and fix the over heating issue and get the new fan in; you'll have better luck selling it to someone who wants to jump in and drive at that price point. Not a ton of people want a project at $45k.

OP
OP
T

tmann5811

What is your expert opinion on what my 66 U13 Roadster is worth?

Now that I have updated photos. Would like to get your expert opinion on what I should expect to see her for!?! /// I'm in the process of posting her on bringatrailer.com where there will be more photos. Thanks, Tracy

OP
OP
T

tmann5811

I concur with JaxLax. I purchased her with all of the modifications. The purist are going to want most original as possible, but I think there is a market out there for folks who want a more modern look. It's a tradeoff. Thank you for your reply! Tracy

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Your right tmann, the purist won't like it, but the majority of bronco enthusiasts will.
It is very nicely done and should do well on BAT. There are a few things that might keep it from fetching that much...Automatic trans, air conditioning, power steering, and power brakes. I'm thinking in the ballpark of $35K. GLWS

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I concur with JaxLax. I purchased her with all of the modifications. The purist are going to want most original as possible, but I think there is a market out there for folks who want a more modern look. It's a tradeoff. Thank you for your reply! Tracy

Tracy! I meant no ill will and I'd argue the market for modern/modified is bigger than the collector/purist market.
Yours just shouldn't be described as 'original' and 'unrestored condition'. It has a lot of nice 66 parts though (side mirrors, factory roadster doors).
It looks great for a 50+ year old vehicle!

Also, there are a ton of people down in Tampa if you want someone else to come and give it a closer look.

tspiers

I don't know if I'd use the same sales description as above for BaT posting, those guys on there will be even crueler when referencing how original or unrestored your bronco is. It seems to be a nicely sorted restomod/modified rig of a 1st year bronco, with exception of the overheating issue.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Now that I have updated photos. Would like to get your expert opinion on what I should expect to see her for!?!

Outside looks great, but all interior pics are blurry, need clear pics of floors, including underside of floors

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Here's a posting for a nicely originally restored 66 U13 roadster. When you start talking original, this is what most people have in mind, it's a fellow member's rig and just sold on ebay not long ago: https://www.ebay.com/itm/233305297197

this line is from the eBay listing you linked...interesting

"Don’t miss this chance to own a part of automotive history! I consider this Bronco a high end driver, but due to its rarity, originality and excellent condition it is also a great candidate for a high end restoration"

tspiers

this line is from the eBay listing you linked...interesting

"Don’t miss this chance to own a part of automotive history! I consider this Bronco a high end driver, but due to its rarity, originality and excellent condition it is also a great candidate for a high end restoration"

Saw that too, but I think some restoration has been done (certainly a repaint and interior refurbishment), although the engine bay looks untouched, so a next level restoration could be undertaken is what I interpreted.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
roadster

No value as a roadster at this point. But it is a valuable bronco in general.

JGO

Contributor
Beautiful Bronco!
Passenger floor photo shows a replacement panel I think. This will turn off some buyers. I think its best to figure out if it's been replaced and then advertise it accurately. Good luck!
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.