• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
That thing is HUGE! When you see it pass the Rod Hall Bronco it looks so much bigger. It would hint that the new Bronco is going to be a remake of the '78 - '96 full size rather than the '66 - '77 version.

Remember - the Bronco in the video is the “R” version....so, think differences between regular F150 and a Raptor.....the production Bronco will not be as wide as the one in the video.

68ford

Bronco Guru
The R bronco is a f150 chassis and that is all. It was not built on the t6 platform like the arrival states. A 2.7 liter 4x4 f150 rolling chassis went to Geiser Bros and they built the rest. No suspension was used. Just frame rails, engine, trans and t case. There is zero resemblance to the actual bronco Ford will make is what I was told. It was all done for marketing. Sorry for the bad news

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4_tCGXBN1H/?igshid=1gsbbkwdql6lt

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4_gJyOhFll/?igshid=1819nrcr0gj37

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Remember - the Bronco in the video is the “R” version....so, think differences between regular F150 and a Raptor.....the production Bronco will not be as wide as the one in the video.

Prototype only unfortunately... :)

bowhunter

Bronco Guru

I don’t know man....which is why I mentioned Baja prototype!

Ford did the exact same thing with the Gen 2 Raptors at the Baja and the production truck looked a LOT like the Baja prototype.

68ford

Bronco Guru

Geiser Bros would gladly build you another one. Heard it cost somewhere around 500k to build it. Bolt on front raptor suspension, all stock powertrain and a simple 5 link and hang a body. Huge profit for Geiser ;D

68ford

Bronco Guru
I don’t know man....which is why I mentioned Baja prototype!

Ford did the exact same thing with the Gen 2 Raptors at the Baja and the production truck looked a LOT like the Baja prototype.

Did you look at the pictures I posted with the body off? It's a 100% race vehicle. No where near street legal. Can not be compared to any raptor project ford has ever put out .

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Which is unfortunate. With a slightly shorter wheel base (move the rear axle forward a little bit), and two doors, I kinda like it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
There is zero resemblance to the actual bronco Ford will make is what I was told.

Not entirely correct. Knowing several who have actually seen it, the R shares a lot of similar styling. It is very close to the lines of what we will see in just a few months. It is loaded with hints of what is to come...

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know that is a race version and the production Bronco probably won't look much like it. While that thing is neat, it looks more like a race version of a Ford Flex than a Bronco.

68ford

Bronco Guru
Not entirely correct. Knowing several who have actually seen it, the R shares a lot of similar styling. It is very close to the lines of what we will see in just a few months. It is loaded with hints of what is to come...

Did you look at the links I posted. I saw it taken apart. It's is 5% of a 4x4 f150. Zero interior. No windsheild area or doors. It's just a shell wrapped around a race car built on a stock chassis the only resemblance you could maybe compare is the shape of the body. Definitely not the size, that thing is 90 in wide. Considerably wider than a raptor. It's a f150 frame with a Baja Kits brand long travel set up on the front.

Montoya

Geiser Bros would gladly build you another one. Heard it cost somewhere around 500k to build it. Bolt on front raptor suspension, all stock powertrain and a simple 5 link and hang a body. Huge profit for Geiser ;D

I like the Bronco at the end of the video! They should make the new one look like that :p

Do you think they designed and built that rig before they had the new body?

Even as simple as the build is compared to a full trophy truck, there's still a bunch of time in that chassis. My guess is they built the rig and made the body after the fact with a little help from Fords design team but maybe you have a little more info on how the project came to be?

68ford

Bronco Guru
I like the Bronco at the end of the video! They should make the new one look like that :p

Do you think they designed and built that rig before they had the new body?

Even as simple as the build is compared to a full trophy truck, there's still a bunch of time in that chassis. My guess is they built the rig and made the body after the fact with a little help from Fords design team but maybe you have a little more info on how the project came to be?

Yes, truck was at Geiser Brothers being built much longer than the article States. I was told Geiser was given a box shape to build within but had no idea exactly what the body was going to look like. The shop where it was taken apart that I saw that, said the wheelbase was the same as a single cab short bed F-150.

68ford

Bronco Guru
The engine sounds like crap, the 2.7 in my wife's Edge sport sounds much cooler.;D

I heard it and it does sound terrible. Has true duals exiting before the rear tires with no cats. Just two MagnaFlow mufflers, one per side.