• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bilt cool fender vents

the74bronco

Loc.
Montana
Does anyone have the instructions for the Bilt cool fender vents? They are not on the website and I was hoping to get an idea how much to cut.

Thanks!

Loc.
The Bluegrass State
I’ve mounted two sets of them one set on a fiberglass tub and the other on a regular metal body. Basically all I did was center them on the outside of the fender well then clamp them in place and drill holes for each corner, install and tighten those bolts and then drill and install the rest of the bolt holes and bolts. Once I had everything tightened in place I went around the edge of the vent with a sharpie to leave an out line of the vents. Then uninstall them and take one inch masking tape and lay it along the sharpie outline,mark along the edge of the masking tape with a sharpie and you have your line to follow when you cut out the material where the vents will be. I think along the bottom edge of the fender well I probably have 3/4 of inch between the vent and the edge of the fender well. I hope this helps answer your question.

OP
OP
T

the74bronco

Loc.
Montana
I’ve mounted two sets of them one set on a fiberglass tub and the other on a regular metal body. Basically all I did was center them on the outside of the fender well then clamp them in place and drill holes for each corner, install and tighten those bolts and then drill and install the rest of the bolt holes and bolts. Once I had everything tightened in place I went around the edge of the vent with a sharpie to leave an out line of the vents. Then uninstall them and take one inch masking tape and lay it along the sharpie outline,mark along the edge of the masking tape with a sharpie and you have your line to follow when you cut out the material where the vents will be. I think along the bottom edge of the fender well I probably have 3/4 of inch between the vent and the edge of the fender well. I hope this helps answer your question.

Perfect. Thank You!

Ratclge

Built cool inner fenders

I cut mine out when i had the body off the frame and put them higher than i needed to. You can put them almost flush with the bottom of the inner fender or slightly higher. I put mine outside of the inner fender.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good call :)