• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

how much off for dents

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
X2 on pics needed for sure. In my mind I would be more worried about rust than dents (depending on where they are). Dents are easier to fix than rust for the most part. A rust free tub with a few dents is still worth getting in my opinion.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And presumably you're referring to an entire Bronco, vs some new sheet metal or a gas tank you just got?

Paul

Broncobowsher

Total hack
A dent in a rusty fender that needs replacing anyway means nothing.

Really need pictures. Depending on everything else it could be anywhere from no difference to whole body is junk.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Value of vehicle minus body work value and time to fix really.

Now, whats the dent hiding? Frame damage?

Mine is trully rust free.

Except for the 500 or so small sand pits on the front of mine that have small surface rust, which will be cleaned up upon paint time. No effect on value IMO.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Sorry your question just doesn't make much sense, missing all the details. Are you talking about a panel with a single dent or a car that's been banged to HECK? All depends on what you are talking about from 10% to 99% less.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Without pictures we can't tell if it is a few dents without creases that can be pulled out with a suction cup or hail damage so bad that it looks like it was shot blasted with marbles or...

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Subtract $54.63 per square inch. Depending on color and options

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
A dent in a rusty fender that needs replacing anyway means nothing.

Really need pictures. Depending on everything else it could be anywhere from no difference to whole body is junk.

yesssir.. definitely

rmk57

Nothing like using oem sheet metal. Even with some rust and dents. Of coarse there is a time to throw in the towel and go with not so great fitting after market panels. With the prices of original body paneled Broncos I would really try and save what I could.