Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 07/12/19, 06:15 PM   #31
aklb43

Just rally'n

wasilla, alaska

My Gallery
I talked to the other guy, he said to see if I can at least get him to weld it up, and he'd do the primer, block, paint. I don't know if i can get this guy to weld a damn thing. He's welded one piece in the whole time.

He sent me this update last night after he blew up. (link below)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...pHV2MtQTZUY01Z
aklb43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/11/19, 04:48 PM   #32
aklb43

Just rally'n

wasilla, alaska

My Gallery
Welp, I've decided to pull the project after a total of $15,000 and almost a year of letting this guy work on it out of his garage. Big lessons learned here. I will neeeeever ever do anything of this scale without written quotes. Here is the picture i received today of the progress. It has looked like this for 6 months.

[link](https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9R...ew?usp=sharing)[/link]

Last edited by aklb43; 09/11/19 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Link shortcode
Old 09/11/19, 05:20 PM   #33
ngsd
Contributor

Tempe AZ
Garage
Sorry man, that is a tough lesson. Perhaps a minimal effort to take to small claims court would yield a settlement?
ngsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/11/19, 05:23 PM   #34
aklb43

Just rally'n

wasilla, alaska

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngsd View Post
Sorry man, that is a tough lesson. Perhaps a minimal effort to take to small claims court would yield a settlement?
Any advice on how to go about that with regards to body work would be helpful. I've never taken anyone to court for something like this.
Old 09/11/19, 05:29 PM   #35
ngsd
Contributor

Tempe AZ
Garage
without a contract it would either be email, documentation of some sort or verbal agreements. It would be a tough one to win but just the hassle of it may make him settle it for some amount. Probably the best you could hope for without a written contract or proof of claims. I have seen judges (not Judge Judy) make decisions on the basis of testimony so if it got to that, it would be who they believe is truthful. You would nee to be prepared to fight that battle and see if it is worth it to you though. Every state is different but you could search for small claims procedures for your area and follow them. It is cheap and simple to file but the real work is following through.
ngsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/11/19, 05:43 PM   #36
aklb43

Just rally'n

wasilla, alaska

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngsd View Post
without a contract it would either be email, documentation of some sort or verbal agreements. It would be a tough one to win but just the hassle of it may make him settle it for some amount. Probably the best you could hope for without a written contract or proof of claims. I have seen judges (not Judge Judy) make decisions on the basis of testimony so if it got to that, it would be who they believe is truthful. You would nee to be prepared to fight that battle and see if it is worth it to you though. Every state is different but you could search for small claims procedures for your area and follow them. It is cheap and simple to file but the real work is following through.
Thanks for the information, it will be helpful.
Old 09/11/19, 06:21 PM   #37
Todd66

Hartland twp Mi
Body man

Wow to me he hasn't done enough work for the money you paid him.I know there not easy but they are simple if ya know what i mean. Ive done frame offs before one 74 bronco and it was really simple panel replacement. It seems to me he bit off more then he could eat.

Last edited by Todd66; 09/11/19 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: More
Todd66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/11/19, 06:37 PM   #38
aklb43

Just rally'n

wasilla, alaska

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd66 View Post
Wow to me he hasn't done enough work for the money you paid him.I know there not easy but they are simple if ya know what i mean. Ive done frame offs before one 74 bronco and it was really simple panel replacement. It seems to me he bit off more then he could eat.
I agree.

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat