• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any recommendations for a good place to send a set of injectors for cleaning and test

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Who has sent a set of fuel injectors off and had them tested and cleaned with good results?

Looking to have a set professionally done from a good source.

Jedeka

Contributor
I sent a set of injectors out to Mr Injector. He kept me informed and included a flow sheet with them. I have not ran the engine yet.

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Time to fire this ole ford 351w up and after the thousands I have spent on efiguy harness, rebuilt engine, heads refurbished with upgraded springs, high performance cam, lightning 351 lower and ford explorer donor engine and trans.

Mine us well have fresh injectors when I fire it up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210721-223623_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210721-223623_Gallery.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 56

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks good 1000 dollar lower intake haaaa

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I cleaned mine and tested them myself. While I'm sure the companies listed above do 99% better job and testing all you need is some cleaner, a 10cc syringe and 9 volt. pulsed the injectors while shooting cleaner through them.

My injectors were off a running engine so I was comfortable they were good.

Tim

BanditBronco

I would definitely send them out to get cleaned. I have had a set cleaned locally and had a good experience. Not exactly Injector related but I have ran a fuel pressure gauge on the rail Schrader valve since I swapped to efi years ago and have never regretted it.

Hopefully you can fit those valve covers without hitting the firewall! I wasn't so lucky, had to take some out of the back on the drivers side.

Attachments

• IMG_1071.jpg
    IMG_1071.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have used Bill to do a set in my current build "Mater" (Running, 150 miles so far) and just sent him another set to do.

Good communication, good turn around, I have no complaints...

I mailed mine to him today.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I have used Witchhunter with good success years ago, and have also done them myself by buying o ring kits and new pintles off ebay. cleaning with carb cleaner and a 9v as was mentioned.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Cleaning injectors is an easy DIY job. I have yet to have a reason to redo any of them.