• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Swap help

Josh Q

Loc.
Madison, MS
I have a chance to purchase a running driving 1994 F250 long wheel base with 4speed manual with overdrive. It’s got a carb on it now. I would have thought a 94 would be FI it’s a 5.0.

What all parts can I use for the bronco?
Can I use the front and rear axles? Brakes? Motor tranny, transfer case? What all am I getting into here? I used the search option and only saw mention of 94 f250 one time.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
4-speed with overdrive, for that vintage it is probably the ZF 5-speed. The shift knob has an OD where 5th would be at?

You are correct, that should be fuel injected. Someone probably did a hack repair with some other old parts to get a running truck. When stuff like this happens, it is a total mystery what has been hacked and what hasn't. So the real answer is NOBODY knows what you really have.

While I have always heard the base engine is a 351W, I have seen factory 302 F250s around that vintage.

Front axle should be a TTB (Twin Traction Beam) IFS setup. Useless in an early Bronco.
Rear axle a Sterling or Dana. Might be desirable if building a trail rig or a serious rock crawler, otherwise not useful. And you really have to figure what it really is, Stuff like a Dana 61 isn't that useful.

Transfer case, forget it. Way too large. The driveshaft would be measured in inches, and probably only need the fingers on one hand to add those inches up.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Basically your answer is NO.
But some of these cowboys can do anything .
But most of a 95 won't help you.
You've just got 1 post so far .
Just start reading all the post you can . This is a great spot to learn .
There are lots of build threads on here . Check um out.

Digger556

1994 should be EFI with a 5-speed.

Take some pictures of the engine and trans. Try to get pictures of the engine casting number and the trans data plate.

OP
OP
J

Josh Q

Loc.
Madison, MS
Thanks. I got a closer look. It was twin I beam the leaf springs threw me. I didn’t realize they would use leafs on that. The carb was an aftermarket edelbrock 600. It’s was a 302, tranny was 4 sod with overdrive. Basically it was in terrible condition and not worth anything.

I have been on here for several years. I don’t know what happened to my post count or why it says I have only been here since January 19th.

I have read a ton of threads but the search engine on here is terrible. I was thinking the brakes were usable. I tried every imaginable way to find those brake threads that tel what people used to convert to disc. I have a lot of junkyards near me and was hoping to save money vs buying a full kit from tom’s or whoever.

I have just about given up on that and will just order a kit, roll cage, and gas tank.

My bronco runs now but it could be better. I think a running driving project will make me more likely to work on it.

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
but the search engine on here is terrible.

That it is. Try using this method in your favorite search engine. I like Duckduckgo for the privacy.

front disc brake conversion site:classicbroncos.com

You can replace front disc brake conversion with anything you want to search.