• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"The Beast" - Explorer 5.0/ZF/NP203/NP205 is ALIVE!

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Will do, thanks for reminding me about that too. Also have some rocker plating to bolt back on that will be flat black too. I just cant get over how good those emblems look flat black.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
That came out looking great! I do love the flat black emblems, let me know if you need more paint. I see you put some different marker lights on, did you hook up the wires or did you leave them like the PO?

Shawn

ZookBronc

Loc.
South Orange County
PDXBronco said:
Will do, thanks for reminding me about that too. Also have some rocker plating to bolt back on that will be flat black too. I just cant get over how good those emblems look flat black.

They do look good flat black, maybe ill paint mine too.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
DonsBolt said:
You think that push bar is tall enough?????????

Haha, :eek: I call it my Bitch Slap Bar! :eek:
Its welded on so it isn't going anywhere for a while. I actually kinda like it and will just build onto it for a winch mount and side protection.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I'd take the 435/205 set too if you weren't so far away. What do you think it would cost to pallet that crap up and ship it to 97015?

crab

Bronco Guru
Hey Josh, great looking bronco! I have a cage sitting in the shop just for that one.
I just sold a C4 to a buddy in Salem. He's pulling his 435 if you're interested.
Later......Crab

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Alright, got some goodies ordered from Complete Offroad, decided to outfit my soon to be swung under full width axles with some 5.13 gears, detroit locker for the front, and a spool in the rear. Gotta get to disassembly on the axles to get them cleaned up and ready for the install.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here is the temporary solution to rain and no top. I am seriously tired of tarping the damn thing when the rain comes...not that that happens often in Oregon right? Had a crappy half cab top under the deck that I decided to go ahead and paint and throw on till Rick gets the soft top done. Anyways thought I would post up a pic, I'll try to get a better shot tomorrow. The stupid tarp keeps scuffing up the paint too, looks like I need another coat of paint too, its a little splotchy.

Attachments

• halfcab.jpg
    halfcab.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 433

Potshot

Maybe it looks different in person, but that's a funky camo pattern on that. I like it. Goes with the overall groove.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Thats a high end paint job!%) ;D The best part is he can carry touch up paint in the tool box. The Olive Drab does look a lot better in person, just takes a few more cans on a windy day, huh Josh;) . By the way it looks like a pickup with the half cab on and the 12" of stretch in the bed. Looks good

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I was going to do camo but I liked the OD green. I need to throw on another coat, the funky camo is just splotchness from incomplete coverage.
Shawn, I heard Wal-Mart has cases of OD green on special for $10!!! I think I need to take a visit...

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
I was going to do camo but I liked the OD green. I need to throw on another coat, the funky camo is just splotchness from incomplete coverage.
Shawn, I heard Wal-Mart has cases of OD green on special for $10!!! I think I need to take a visit...

Sweeeet!;D I did find 2 or 3 more cans I could bring over?

kntr

Bronco Guru
I know its a trail rig but it would look lots better with the underside sprayed in black.

I like the green though.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
What, you don't like southern Oregon brown clay on Duff Powder Blue? I'm putting in my full widths here in a few weeks so it will all get a little paint on the axles and undercarriage real soon to clean it all up and get it ready to get all nasty again!!!