• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL 66-77 Bronco Chassis, Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT58

Loc.
Naples
66-77 entire Bronco for parts, includes:

-Rebuilt 302 V8, headers, new Edlebrock Carb, dual exhaust with Flow Masters, electronic distributor, runs great.
-New clutch, pressure plate and flywheel.
-Clean straight frame, sanded and painted.
-3 ½” lift.
-Rebuilt 3 speed manual (RAN) transmission (by Tom’s Bronco Parts), with floor shift conversion.
-Rebuilt Transfer Case (By Tom’s Bronco Parts).
-Rebuilt Front axle- all new seals and bearings.
-Rebuilt rear axle, new seals and bearing and new 9” rear center
-New front and rear drive shafts
-33” BFG All Terrains on 15 X 10 wheels
-New door shells
-New rear lower quarters, upper quarters
-new rockers
-new door posts
-new entire inner tub front
-paint & seals kit
-rear fender flares
-new tail gate in the box
-original tail gate
-new wiring harness

Has clear title.

$10K

Last edited:

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Cmon man, don’t give up. Buy a new body from Delconick and put it together yourself. Or put it in air conditioned storage and let the heartache pass and find a new body guy.

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Cmon man, don’t give up. Buy a new body from Delconick and put it together yourself. Or put it in air conditioned storage and let the heartache pass and find a new body guy.

I agree with this guy. Let the storm settle, regroup, and make it happen cap'n!

BTW my uncle lives in Naples, and I am from the east coast of FL.....pure paradise down there.

OP
OP
J

JT58

Loc.
Naples
I sent pict's to all that have inquired. Believe me, I have tried so hard to keep this thing going........but have to give up at this point- scammed by two body shops, some shops want 50-150K and others that are interested want a ton of money up front. I did that with the first two shops and got scammed- can't do it again. Family let me down big time and it's hard that I am the one and only one with a passion to complete it but I can't do it myself- it's just too large a scale of project with 0 support.

It's such a good deal for someone. I paid 11,500 for it assembled and running but completely rotted out, pouring fluids out everywhere. Then I put 10K in the drive train- everything rebuilt or new and at least 10K in parts, then labor for what was done plus the 10K I lost due to scamming body shops.

Good idea on storing it for a while then maybe going back to it, buying a new body.......thought of that too and inquired. A 10 X 15 climate controlled storage unit is over 300 a month around here. So no point throwing another 3600 away.

Last edited:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Send me some pictures too please

OP
OP
J

JT58

Loc.
Naples
I posted this in the entire vehicles members only and someone posted the pictures for me as I do not have a paid membership. No offers so far.....

OP
OP
J

JT58

Loc.
Naples
Changed the ad, selling the rolling chassis, someone can purchase a tub rather than try to finish this one.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Hang in there!!!! Don't give it away.......it may take a bit for some one to buy it. Your prices seem more than fair. I think it took me around 4 months to sell my Bronco......so, again hang in there!!!!

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
Just a thought, have you spoken to the local high school or VoTech to see if they want a project? It may not end up perfect, but it would be better than just giving up on it. It is a hard thing to let your dreams go, you always have that "what if" in the back of your mind. Letting them build it will give them pride in knowing they built something special and it will cost way less than a body shop. I would hate to have to get rid of any of my projects, especially one as rare as an early Bronco.

OP
OP
J

JT58

Loc.
Naples
Just a thought, have you spoken to the local high school or VoTech to see if they want a project? It may not end up perfect, but it would be better than just giving up on it. It is a hard thing to let your dreams go, you always have that "what if" in the back of your mind. Letting them build it will give them pride in knowing they built something special and it will cost way less than a body shop. I would hate to have to get rid of any of my projects, especially one as rare as an early Bronco.

I have not checked this, perhaps it is a possible option. It's seems to be too much work for the "average" person. I thought the "low" give away price someone would for sure want it for the parts but no luck so far.

I have two options left I am thinking about......one body shop in town is interested in it- buying it and also working on it. Their offer was really low and they want 15K to fix and weld the tub- making sure everything lines up- doors, fenders, quarters, front section, etc. The great news is that they are the one and only shop around here that does not want money up front- only when it's complete. And they gave me a lead time of one year. So I can save the 15K and pay them in one year, then once the tub is done I can work on it and try to finish it over the next year- or it will be in much better shape to sell at that point.

So I need to decide- let it all go very, very cheap and be done with it or drag it on another 2+ years......

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have not checked this, perhaps it is a possible option. It's seems to be too much work for the "average" person. I thought the "low" give away price someone would for sure want it for the parts but no luck so far.

I have two options left I am thinking about......one body shop in town is interested in it- buying it and also working on it. Their offer was really low and they want 15K to fix and weld the tub- making sure everything lines up- doors, fenders, quarters, front section, etc. The great news is that they are the one and only shop around here that does not want money up front- only when it's complete. And they gave me a lead time of one year. So I can save the 15K and pay them in one year, then once the tub is done I can work on it and try to finish it over the next year- or it will be in much better shape to sell at that point.

So I need to decide- let it all go very, very cheap and be done with it or drag it on another 2+ years......

FORGET that crappy offer from the body shop. You could purchase a complete body from Dennis Carpenter and have it delivered for a lot less than 15k. But, it appears as though you do not want to continue on, so finishing it may not be the best option.

My sense is that the body work is what's hindering your sale. So, if I woke up in your shoes tomorrow, I would do the following:

1. remove the body completely from the chassis.
2. prep/clean-up/organize the chassis as much as possible to promote a sale.
3. roll that chassis out into the open and take some better photos that define what is for sale.
4. pick apart the body and sell it off in pieces.

I'm up in Orlando and happy to help if you need it.

:cool:

jmhend

Bronco Guru
^^x2 on what he said. with a possible 5th option

5. get the engine running and maybe even to where it will move on its own power. Good luck sir on the million dollar decision

Status
Not open for further replies.