• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are old stock seats worth anything?

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Original Front Seats with good frames and the rest is rebuildable have brought me $300-400 for the pair. About the same price for the Original Rear Bench.

Spaggyroe

Yes, they were definitely worth keeping.

I'm actually looking for a pair of front seats. If anyone happens to have some, please PM me.

Thanks

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
They only have value if we want to put monetary value to them. I've seen guys give them away. I've seen guys sell crappy seats for a high price. I've seen guys sell good newly upholstered seats for a couple hundred dollars. It just all depends on you.

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
They only have value if we want to put monetary value to them. I've seen guys give them away. I've seen guys sell crappy seats for a high price. I've seen guys sell good newly upholstered seats for a couple hundred dollars. It just all depends on you.

Too bad when I started taking my Bronco apart around 1997 internet forums weren't really a thing, there was no craigslist, and ebay was barely anything. I gave away for free probably half my Bronco just to make room in garage. Its a shame because back then I really didn't have any money and could have used the funds. I remember at least giving away front seats, a perfect rear seat (ugly green,,lol), bumpers, all the stainless trim, charcoal canister, wiper covers and a lot of other stuff I wasn't reusing.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I see where mustang and bronco parts vendors sell reproduction complete seat frames for about $1000.00 a Pr so go to all the set up of making them they must sell them

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Too bad when I started taking my Bronco apart around 1997 internet forums weren't really a thing, there was no craigslist, and ebay was barely anything. I gave away for free probably half my Bronco just to make room in garage. Its a shame because back then I really didn't have any money and could have used the funds. I remember at least giving away front seats, a perfect rear seat (ugly green,,lol), bumpers, all the stainless trim, charcoal canister, wiper covers and a lot of other stuff I wasn't reusing.

The same goes for Broncos and any other classic vehicle. Most rolling projects that are registered and mechanically able to start and stop should cost between $6000-$10,000. But, shows and our own society have priced them even more. My Bronco will cost $10,000 anywhere else, but here in CA, it's atleast a $18,000-$20,000 EB. We drive up the price.

gmduncan

Contributor
Loc.
Annapolis
A friend of mine bought doors for his old Ford from Arizona and needed them shipped to Maryland. He put them in moving blankets and shipped them via Greyhound, in the belly of the bus. He said it was very inexpensive.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I bought the front bench seat from a guy in Maryland shipped to Arizona cost 100 bucks but it took a while to get it maybe a month but I got it it is cheap that way