• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What Shocks to use on my rebuild?

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Bilstein

The other two choices you have are not even in the same category.

Skyjacker "does" have a monotube Bilstein knock off.

JBG likely has a better shock than what you posted here.

But the bottom line is that Bilstein has superior technology........digressive valving, deflective disc, and monotube technology are head and shoulders above the ancient twin tube shock construction of the other two options you posted.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Bilsteins!!!

I have had the Rancho 5000 I have had the JBG shocks, The Bilsteins are way better. My 67 with 35" tires 3.5" lift rides better than it ever has now I do have new springs and bushings all around too so that is a big help.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you know what springs you have? For example, Deaver springs match well with Bilstein shocks. This is what I have on my rig and other than a friends gravel driveway and a few lawn areas at shows, it sees 100% pavement and the ride is perfect.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would go with the Wild Horses 2 1/2" suspension system with the Bilstein option. Add an adjustable Trac Bar and you are set. I also order the Super Shackles because removing the original ones on the original rear springs are a Royal PITA.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Concur.. bilstein all the way

Bilstein

The other two choices you have are not even in the same category.

Skyjacker "does" have a monotube Bilstein knock off.

JBG likely has a better shock than what you posted here.

But the bottom line is that Bilstein has superior technology........digressive valving, deflective disc, and monotube technology are head and shoulders above the ancient twin tube shock construction of the other two options you posted.

pipeline010

I would go with the Wild Horses 2 1/2" suspension system with the Bilstein option.

yep yep. That's what I've got and it's an absolutely perfect blend of float and bounce. I'd say add an antisway bar for better road use as well...Addco is fine for the road but won't work offload; you'll need Helwig for that ($$$).

OP
OP
svastano

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Thanks for all the replies. And Yes I spent the $$$ for the Hellwig front & back sway bars so it looks like Bilistine is it. Also I don't know if I said I will be running 35" DC Extreme country tires.