• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Getting Back To The Bronco

iamfastrr

To all,

I just wanted to write a quick message and a little history. I bought my current Bronco in the desert of California in February 2009. It had zero rust, a rebuilt 302 with an Edelbrock Intake and Carb. I had a plan to have a more driver friendly vehicle since I already had the donor engine and transmission out of a 1993 Mustang. I worked on the Bronco somewhat steady over the course of a year and a half. The entire drive train was updated to include '93 Cobra engine, Explorer 4R70W transmission, 4 wheel disc brakes with hydroboost, all new axles/bearings, air lockers, 23 gallon fuel tank with SS lines. I was in the process up re-wiring the entire vehicle when life got in the way. I have had to put the Bronco on hold for the last 8 years as I relocated and worked in several different states. It took a little time to get settled enough that I could comfortably start to donate some time to the Bronco. I am happy to say that I have begun to work on the Bronco full speed again and am looking forward to getting it back on the road one day soon. There is still a lot that I want to do but slowly and steadily, I feel that I will make it.

I have randomly checked in on this forum just to keep updated and am still impressed with all the information that is available.

For this reason, I wanted to say Thanks to everyone that contributes!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
yesssss indeed.. we got the best little spot on the interwebs that's for sure :)

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
To all,

I just wanted to write a quick message and a little history. I bought my current Bronco in the desert of California in February 2009. It had zero rust, a rebuilt 302 with an Edelbrock Intake and Carb. I had a plan to have a more driver friendly vehicle since I already had the donor engine and transmission out of a 1993 Mustang. I worked on the Bronco somewhat steady over the course of a year and a half. The entire drive train was updated to include '93 Cobra engine, Explorer 4R70W transmission, 4 wheel disc brakes with hydroboost, all new axles/bearings, air lockers, 23 gallon fuel tank with SS lines. I was in the process up re-wiring the entire vehicle when life got in the way. I have had to put the Bronco on hold for the last 8 years as I relocated and worked in several different states. It took a little time to get settled enough that I could comfortably start to donate some time to the Bronco. I am happy to say that I have begun to work on the Bronco full speed again and am looking forward to getting it back on the road one day soon. There is still a lot that I want to do but slowly and steadily, I feel that I will make it.

I have randomly checked in on this forum just to keep updated and am still impressed with all the information that is available.

For this reason, I wanted to say Thanks to everyone that contributes!

Would like to see said Bronco. Some pictures and good luck finishing it.