• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Borgeson P/S Box Drill 4th hole or not?

txhawkeye

Not sure if I should drill the fourth hole for the P/S box. It seems a little difficult with the body mount somewhat in the way on the outside frame rail, but it won’t be any easier later once the rest of the vehicle is assembled. Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

txhawkeye

329f503bcf2fd0658e3748c432344105.jpg

Looked too difficult so three bolts it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali_zuk

I didn't on mine, that was 7 years ago. Never had a problem, But I plan to drill it when I get around to doing a frame off.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I used a cheap ½" drill bit with a ¼" step shank. Welded a piece of ½" tubing to the drill bit. Made a cheap long reach ½" drill bit. That was the only way I could drill that hole. But I will admit I cheated and put a nut inside the frame instead of drilling all the way through and sleeving it.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I installed several years ago without using the 4th hole. Been on the trail plenty of times without any sign of issues. Seems to have about the same amount of structure/meat as OEM using the three holes.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE GEAR BOX YOUR USING .. BUT When I did mine.
MINE HAD 4 HOLEs BUT the original 3rd didn't fit . So drilling the 4th . Gave me 3 quality clean holes . & Then I drilled out the 3rd & made it work for the 4the bolt.
.. I can't imagine what that 3 hole must look like inside..
... So the reason I saw it necessary was that my 3rd hole I couldn't get a bolt through it.
So I drilled the 4th & got a quality fit in it. then Cleaned up the 3rd & put a bolt in it.

Last edited: