• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA is this 1975 worth it?

TheChiro

Hope everyone is doing well. There is so much great info on here and I'm learning as much as I can. Have a question about a potential purchase.

Looking at purchasing my first Bronco and have seen this one on CL for a while now. It definitely needs new wheels and tires and windows installed, but as a project does it look like a short list or is this a money pit, based on what you can see/tell?

I have spoken with the seller and he's open to offers...it sounds like he bought it and realized he doesn't have the time or energy to do much to it. If I can get it for the right price is this a good starting point or should I spend a little more upfront and get one in better shape? This is a 3rd truck for short around town trips and the occasional trip to Tahoe, from the Bay Area.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...006029629.html

Thank you all for your time.

JGO

Contributor
They are all money pits! If it's priced right and did not sell in a week or two something is wrong with the truck. I'm available in SF Bay area to help you look if you like, I'm an experienced builder.

I have one coming up for sale soon $20k range. It's very nice, very rust free 68 sport project with a lot of high end parts. I was saving it to build but am out of storage room. Jim 408-219-129one

JGO

Contributor
I took a look at the 75 in San Leandro, I'm assuming that's the one you are asking about. It has some rust and poor rust repairs in the floor. Looks like it has rust in upper cowl area too which is bad IMO. Tailgate alignment looks splayed open could be a sign of problems. I would consider that one as a wheeler more than an investment grade Bronco.

OP
OP
T

TheChiro

They are all money pits! If it's priced right and did not sell in a week or two something is wrong with the truck. I'm available in SF Bay area to help you look if you like, I'm an experienced builder.

I have one coming up for sale soon $20k range. It's very nice, very rust free 68 sport project with a lot of high end parts. I was saving it to build but am out of storage room. Jim 408-219-129one

Really appreciate all of the info and I will text you right now. Definitely interested in seeing the bronco you are talking about. Thank you.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

amen to that man....

elan

Loc.
s
That Craigslist thing is not illegal to drive on California roads.

elan

Loc.
s
Unless you are joking, the tires are sticking out beyond the fender lips.