• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Let’s talk headlights! Halogen vs LED vs HID vs aftermarket vs retrofit (and more!)

68ford

Bronco Guru
Those lights are a decent reflector based LED. They are made in China and the same generic option that gets rebranded for companies like Quadratec and Anzo (just a different logo on the center bar).

Just wanted to offer an example of a more affordable light. Most people want LED but might not want to look like their headlights belong on the Mars lunar rover haha I'll admit trucklites put out better light, but look more modern and protrude out past the light ring and look funny

TTownEP

This is what I see when I look at that Cobra pictured above:

euK9h14.png

TTownEP

I'm happy with the Hella vision plus H4 conversion. The glass is a little more flat compared to OEM, but they work great!

I agree 100%
I would love to do a modern projector retrofit (I've done 3 to previous vehicles) but I didn't want that look for my Bronco. I am pretty satisfied with the output of the Hellas.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good quality LED headlights from reputable sources (JW Speaker, Trucklite) are also great alternatives

But I bought your Pro7's Now you don't carry them anymore. :eek:

68ford

Bronco Guru
Can you post the beam pattern?

I'll drive it to work tomorrow and take some photos. For what it's worth, the light on the ground and distance is very similar to the wife's 535i M sport beemer. I think those are HIDs

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Good quality LED headlights from reputable sources (JW Speaker, Trucklite) are also great alternatives

But I bought your Pro7's Now you don't carry them anymore. :eek:

Those were a good value, high performing light. Unfortunately they were made in China and some other companies found these and started mass producing them under their own brand name. Production increased and quality decreased (they changed the internals presumably to reduce cost). The result was less output and more failures. We had to stop carrying them at that point.

I'm trying to take the high road when it comes to lighting. Offering high quality US products foremost. Lights we've personally tested and can stand behind. Unfortunately, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of other companies just looking to make a quick buck selling whatever customers will buy. It dilutes the industry and ultimately harms the consumer.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those were a good value, high performing light. Unfortunately they were made in China and some other companies found these and started mass producing them under their own brand name. Production increased and quality decreased (they changed the internals presumably to reduce cost). The result was less output and more failures.

BASTARDS!!! But I like mine ;)

mbhaddad

Those were a good value, high performing light. Unfortunately they were made in China and some other companies found these and started mass producing them under their own brand name. Production increased and quality decreased (they changed the internals presumably to reduce cost). The result was less output and more failures. We had to stop carrying them at that point.

I'm trying to take the high road when it comes to lighting. Offering high quality US products foremost. Lights we've personally tested and can stand behind. Unfortunately, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of other companies just looking to make a quick buck selling whatever customers will buy. It dilutes the industry and ultimately harms the consumer.

Any chance you will be personally reviewing the KC's in the near future? Wondering your opinion