• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC Another Ebay Scam!! Beware!

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just curious what makes this a scam, do you know something?

OP
OP
T

Ttime

I DO know something and in fact have been making sure these scam listings eventually get removed and as a result of my actions the scammers now know who I am and block me from bidding on their auctions...this helps me to confirm my suspicions when I see these. I locate quite a few each day, not just Broncos.

This one strays a bit from most as it does have more pics then usual. Usually they just put about 6-10 pics of Body. They rarely list the vin #. Their descriptions are very brief, usually a paragraph and are cut/pasted from previous listings/ads on other sites.

Of course I would encourage you to do your own research and I would not want anyone to think I am trying to trash a legit auction. I am 100% positive when I list these here for folks to see. I would bet my house on it.

I have been at this long enough to spot most, if not all the scams. I hope that answers your questions and I am not trying to be arrogant....just genuinely concerned that people have been sending these folks overseas some serious hard earned cash and Ebay is simply too big to monitor this effectively. It is a real shame.

If you use ebay, feel free to send them a message. Perhaps make them a reasonable offer and see how they respond. But whatever you do, do not get scammed!!!

Bradsp8

What is that disk on the rear drive shaft that looks almost like disc brakes?

OP
OP
T

Ttime

Ask the Scammer, I mean seller.....pretty sure that is rear air locker system but come on lets not start a discussion about this Bronco...my point is just to make sure nobody gets scammed

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Give em hell man :)

I DO know something and in fact have been making sure these scam listings eventually get removed and as a result of my actions the scammers now know who I am and block me from bidding on their auctions...this helps me to confirm my suspicions when I see these. I locate quite a few each day, not just Broncos.

This one strays a bit from most as it does have more pics then usual. Usually they just put about 6-10 pics of Body. They rarely list the vin #. Their descriptions are very brief, usually a paragraph and are cut/pasted from previous listings/ads on other sites.

Of course I would encourage you to do your own research and I would not want anyone to think I am trying to trash a legit auction. I am 100% positive when I list these here for folks to see. I would bet my house on it.

I have been at this long enough to spot most, if not all the scams. I hope that answers your questions and I am not trying to be arrogant....just genuinely concerned that people have been sending these folks overseas some serious hard earned cash and Ebay is simply too big to monitor this effectively. It is a real shame.

If you use ebay, feel free to send them a message. Perhaps make them a reasonable offer and see how they respond. But whatever you do, do not get scammed!!!