• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BCB's new top

FSRBIKER

Loc.
Oak Ridge, NJ
I agree Chuck, we are just looking for well designed/looking/functioning top.

I would say get a few tops made so you can establish your pricing and post pics of the these tops. Then maybe take some of our comments/suggestions and see if they can be incorporated into your design and let us know what the increases would be.

I'm saving my change/dollars now....

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Snaps don't last long??? I've never had an issue with any snaps on my 24 year old top...heck, there the only part that still works correctly. I have lost Velcro and zippers however. Zippers are a must for easy access to the back and to take the sides off. Velcro shouldn't be used at all. Just my $0.02

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Everything fails in the end. If you live near the salt water snaps will fail. If Because of the shrink/stretch of the faberic I think having a zipper at the top and bottom or both sides will not work out to well. Could not get the zipper closed when the fabric was cold but snaps on one side would allow you to pull the fabric enough to get one snap at a time closed. I like the idea of covering the snaps and will check to see if that will work. There is a large zipper at the top now.

73ny

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New York
The flap that covers the snaps could be permanent, without a velcro strip (which would wear out). When you went to snap it closed you could slide your hand accross underneath the edge of the material until you felt a snap, and then pushed it closed.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Everything fails in the end. If you live near the salt water snaps will fail. If Because of the shrink/stretch of the faberic I think having a zipper at the top and bottom or both sides will not work out to well. Could not get the zipper closed when the fabric was cold but snaps on one side would allow you to pull the fabric enough to get one snap at a time closed. I like the idea of covering the snaps and will check to see if that will work. There is a large zipper at the top now.

That is just what I have to do now. If the top is down and it comes off cool I have to pull like crazy in the back to get the snaps to line up. Yes...everything fails in the end but I'd think a good quality snap would last a very long time.

DozerDoug

Loc.
Fairbanks Alaska
First, Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this and other products, Chuck!!!!

I really like the looks of the updated top. I look foward to seeing feedback from customers as time unfolds. Who knows, I may have to shovel my ride out of the snowbank and get it ready for a new lid!!

GABoy005

The flap that covers the snaps could be permanent, without a velcro strip (which would wear out). When you went to snap it closed you could slide your hand accross underneath the edge of the material until you felt a snap, and then pushed it closed.

Sorry, I haven't kept up with this project for the last couple of months. But, I am back on it. I don't know how easy it will be to manufacture, but I like this idea. You don't need to see the snap if you can feel it to position it.

Thanks for all of you great work Chuck! I am looking forward to having one of these asap.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I took the sample frame to the sew shop and ordered 2 tops. I am told they will be ready in two weeks. By then I should have the frames done. If all goes well I will start contecting people on the list, oldest first and work forward. If those people are ready to order I will take their order for color and window tint. If they are not ready I will move to the next person.When the top is ready to ship I will charge their card. I hope the sew shop will be able to make 10 per week.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Now that sounds like the way a business should be ran. Ship the top and then charge the customer ?:? what a concept.

Nice work Chuck and good luck with this top.