• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tub / Body Replacement Experiences, Details, Build Threads?

C-Dubb

I am also hoping this thread gets more feedback on the new tubs as I am in the market for one. The existing body on my 73’ turned out to be 85% rust and body filler. I have been looking at Steelhorse designs and Northeast Classic Ford Parts.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I went with a new tub from Northeast Classic Ford Parts. Nick was great to work with as I have a '77 and wanted some of the '77 specific parts put on. However the parts that they use to build the tubs are the same ones we can all get from any supplier. So... some of the holes, and what not, might not be where you are expecting them to be. Also as you probably know with any repo parts sometimes it takes some fiddling to make them play nicely with the original parts. But with all that being said I am still very pleased I went this route. My tub was very rough and from a money and my skill level standpoint I was better off buying the tub. I'm not gonna lie I was a bit apprehensive about using a replacement tub but in all honesty if my tub got rebuilt it would have been 80-90% repo metal as it was.

Nick is a stand up guy and for the most part you get an original tub not an aftermarket. As an enthusiast that would be my first choice. If you can’t adjust gaps and do boy work the you will need to find a good body man and painter, not always the same guy.

OP
OP
tabyers

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
Personally, I’m less concerned with which one to pick. I’m hoping someone can point me to more detailed look at any of them.

Jedhead

Nick at East Coast is top notch , problem with buying the just the tub is fitment of all the the stuff you already have when it has to be put on. Probably better off buying a fully assembled body and selling your parts to help pay for it. Ran into a guy from NC on Rt 78 in NJ one day, he brought his chassis up and LAL put a full body, minus the top onto it for him. Fitment was ok, probably easier to tweak than using many different parts . Good luck!

mustanggarage

Contributor
I bought my tub from nick at northeast also. Check my build thread for all the details. I am on the final assembly stage right now. I love the way the truck looks. Can’t wait to see it done

i08qq7P.jpg

LEGae8A.jpg

Attachments

• 2EBB2F8D-70AF-4A40-9657-DA12766121C4.jpg
    2EBB2F8D-70AF-4A40-9657-DA12766121C4.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 49
  • DD25425C-1DBB-4B45-B095-E4D3FFEEABF5.jpg
    DD25425C-1DBB-4B45-B095-E4D3FFEEABF5.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

BroncoBilly69

Loc.
Whiskeytown Ca
I bought my tub from nick at northeast also. Check my build thread for all the details. I am on the final assembly stage right now. I love the way the truck looks. Can’t wait to see it done
WOW MG- Immediately sidetracked! Just started reading your -Tetnus project thread...I am you, you are me down to the table/bench built out of lumber. LOL My EB isn't near as bad as yours so I am motivationally STOKED to get started on mine- "Lazarus"...Looking forward to enjoying reading your thread. Glad your still around cause Im sure I'll have questions- Okay, back to regular programming...

mustanggarage

Contributor
WOW MG- Immediately sidetracked! Just started reading your -Tetnus project thread...I am you, you are me down to the table/bench built out of lumber. LOL My EB isn't near as bad as yours so I am motivationally STOKED to get started on mine- "Lazarus"...Looking forward to enjoying reading your thread. Glad your still around cause Im sure I'll have questions- Okay, back to regular programming...

are you saying that because you like to do everything 2 or 3 times and the most expensive and difficult way possible like I seem to do lol

BroncoBilly69

Loc.
Whiskeytown Ca
are you saying that because you like to do everything 2 or 3 times and the most expensive and difficult way possible like I seem to do lol
LOL-Def dont like to admit it but it seems to turn out that way more times than not- But- i do take salvageable pride in the fact that no matter how many times or how badly I screw something up, staying at it until it eventually gets done correctly always cements my No 1 philosophy: "It aint how you do it as long as it gets done right...%)

jmangi62

Bronco Guru

Wow,lookin good neighbor. Im over in Omaha. I didn't know that Nick did the complete bodies. Very good guy to work with, I bought a few parts from him and the experience was first rate.;)

71U150

Body replacement

I too am looking at body replacement. I have a rust bucket of a 71. There are several manufactures of complete tubs that include but are not limited to;
Steel Horse Design,
Northeast Classic Ford Parts(Nick),
Dennis Carpenter,
LAL Customs,
Wild Horses,
Desert Classic Mustangs,
Shannon’s Broncos,
Rust Belt Customs,

Hard choice choosing as they are all around the same price for a stripped tub 9k vs assembled tub 13 to 15k. Hard to pull the trigger without having or taking to anyone with experience.

mustanggarage

Contributor
I can’t speak for any of the others but I can say you will be hard pressed to beat the customer service you get from northeast classic. And if you look closely at my thread you will see they deliver a quality product. It has the door hinges tailgate hinges door and tailgate latches. Etc. many of the other companies don’t include that. Also they use epoxy panel bonding adhesive between the rear quarter panels instead of welds to reduce the bronco quarter panel cancer they are so known for. Basically I am very happy with my purchase.

mustanggarage

Contributor
I can’t speak for any of the others but I can say you will be hard pressed to beat the customer service you get from northeast classic. And if you look closely at my thread you will see they deliver a quality product. It has the door hinges tailgate hinges door and tailgate latches. Etc. many of the other companies font include that. Also they use epoxy panel bonding adhesive between the rear quarter panels instead of welds yo reduce the bronco quarter panel cancer they are so known for. Basically I am very happy with my purchase.

71U150

Thanks, I agree I called him and he was the only one who really took the time to explain what they do and how they offer custom options for people on their tubs such as cutting turn signal holes in front fenders, holes to bolt the top on, and lots of others. I looked at your build last night mustanggarage. Heck of a nice bronco you have!

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I went with a new tub from Northeast Classic Ford Parts. Nick was great to work with as I have a '77 and wanted some of the '77 specific parts put on. However the parts that they use to build the tubs are the same ones we can all get from any supplier. So... some of the holes, and what not, might not be where you are expecting them to be. Also as you probably know with any repo parts sometimes it takes some fiddling to make them play nicely with the original parts. But with all that being said I am still very pleased I went this route. My tub was very rough and from a money and my skill level standpoint I was better off buying the tub. I'm not gonna lie I was a bit apprehensive about using a replacement tub but in all honesty if my tub got rebuilt it would have been 80-90% repo metal as it was.

I would start with Nick, before I looked anywhere else and he is fair with his prices

gmduncan

Contributor
Loc.
Annapolis
Nick is the man. Dropping off my original fenders, hood, grill and both gas door quarter panels so they can be worked into the new shell/tub he's building for me. I have a '77 and keeping both gas doors and tanks.