• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Will someone educate me on this one?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I'll never comprehend the prices of Broncos now. With over 225,000 1st Gen built it isn't like they are rare. Frankly it's mind boggling people would pay these prices.
But, I'm old and with sense so ignore my observations.

There were over 200,000 fastback Mustangs built from 1965-1968 and their prices have skyrocketed over the past 20 years. Supply and demand. When something's the hot vehicle of the day and everyone wants one, up go the prices. It is strange that 15 years ago you could get a decent running driving Bronco for under five or six thousand dollars. The price of fastbacks was driven by the movie Gone in 60 Seconds. I have no idea what's driven the prices of Broncos so high.

OP
OP
M

mebco09

There were over 200,000 fastback Mustangs built from 1965-1968 and their prices have skyrocketed over the past 20 years. Supply and demand. When something's the hot vehicle of the day and everyone wants one, up go the prices. It is strange that 15 years ago you could get a decent running driving Bronco for under five or six thousand dollars. The price of fastbacks was driven by the movie Gone in 60 Seconds. I have no idea what's driven the prices of Broncos so high.

I agree with the statement about FB mustangs. Pretty interesting that a 20 year old movie could move the value on those, and then the values hold pretty stable for this long. There are only a fraction of those FB mustangs left also. That plays into it.

I think the Bronco popularity has a lot to do with the 12 year production run and virtually no changes to the basic look of the truck. A really wide portion of the population thinks of the Bronco as from "their generation". It spans my Dad's generation all the way to mine and beyond. Dad was wrenching on them in the 70's, and I was doing the same things in the 90's. Not the same as a Mustang. The 66 Mustang is a completely different animal from the 77 Mustang.

My generation finally has money (40-50 years old) and time, so back to the 80's we go with our tastes in automobiles. Apparently everyone wants to be 16 again and have the car we would have loved at that time, so a mere $78,000 takes us back to our youth. I don't think there are any better options from the 1970's or 80's (or 90's)

Last edited: