• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX Stroppe at auction

Jtcugar

Correct me if I’m wrong but stroppe stopped the Baja bronco in 74. Everything after that was the Denver bronco edition. Missing the infamous roll bar. Non the less sexy bronco but I would question if it’s a legit stroppe.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Correct me if I’m wrong but stroppe stopped the Baja bronco in 74. Everything after that was the Denver bronco edition. Missing the infamous roll bar. Non the less sexy bronco but I would question if it’s a legit stroppe.

There were 30 made in '75, the same number as '74.

Todd Z.

elan

Loc.
s
"Matching Numbers engine"? So, Ford stamped the Vin number on the block? Me thinks not.

Ford did matching numbers only on factory high performance cars. The term matching numbers engine has been gotten away with for far too long. and like the majority of the media, falls under fake news. Now, if they printed correct date coded engine, it might make a tad bit more sense.
If, I am wrong then please correct me.

And the tires look too wide in the front. Sticking out past the fenders and just looking to be ticketed and ruining the paint going back behind the fenders. Just an observation. At least they could have used a black distributor cap to keep the theme. It's the little things

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
"Matching Numbers engine"? So, Ford stamped the Vin number on the block? Me thinks not.

Ford did matching numbers only on factory high performance cars. The term matching numbers engine has been gotten away with for far too long. and like the majority of the media, falls under fake news. Now, if they printed correct date coded engine, it might make a tad bit more sense.

And the tires are too wide in the front. Sticking out past the fenders and just looking to a ticket.

Another one on my dream list. In Tennessee you can run them as wide as ya want to.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yup, One of the 75s. Owned it for a brief period of time. Was green at the time.

No Hay

Bronco Guru

And the tires look too wide in the front. Sticking out past the fenders and just looking to be ticketed and ruining the paint going back behind the fenders. Just an observation. At least they could have used a black distributor cap to keep the theme. It's the little things

Yep, I had to chuckle. Having had a '67 Vette for 10 years, I learned with that particular crowd what proper "matching" meant, down to a nut and bolt. They would laugh out loud at the lack of little things.

But it sure is a fine specimen!

Actually, "matching, or original" are open to interpretation. "What it was born with" is harder to argue.

Last edited:

House

Minutia Militia
Sure looks pretty! Somewhat unfinished too...?
Only a couple bolts holding the top on, no door seals, etc.
My only bitches are the black engine compartment, trying to make
it look earlier than it is with the 302 badges and chrome rain gutter trim,
and the donut sized spare tire! ;)
But it IS one! :cool:

House

Minutia Militia
Oh yeah, the windshield hold down loop on the hood and the Chevy seatbelts bug me too... LOL

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well somebody wanted it! Sold at final price of $115,500