• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Meet Daisy

Captain Ken

Loc.
Out to Sea
Hello Guys.
Once again, I want to thank everyone here for your help and advice while searching for the right Bronco.
We decided to purchase Daisy out of Tennessee and had her shipped to Fort Lauderdale last week. I immediately had to put a new clutch in, but had her ready for a car show/meet-up on Friday night in Dania. We then spent the weekend enjoying her around the A1A Strip on Fort Lauderdale Beach. I couldn't believe all the looks and high-5's we got all weekend. It was even better when my girlfriend was driving, rather than sitting in the passenger seat.

Attachments

• at the boat.jpg
    at the boat.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 372
OP
OP
Captain Ken

Captain Ken

Loc.
Out to Sea
Back to the shop today

While doing the clutch, I noticed two leaks on the PTO for the winch (both on the clutch mechanism and the output shaft. I'm taking her back in today, so they can pull the seals.
So far the only other issue is with the headlights. They were working fine, but then stopped after I used the high-beam switch for the first time. I would guess it is a short in the switch? The running lights all still work, and the high beams (well, one of them anyway) work as well.
Here are a few more photos of the undercarriage...

Attachments

• Front Axle.aspx.jpg
    Front Axle.aspx.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 188
  • on the lift.aspx.jpg
    on the lift.aspx.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 201
  • front suspension.jpg
    front suspension.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 180
  • rear axle.aspx.jpg
    rear axle.aspx.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 178
  • undercarriage.aspx.jpg
    undercarriage.aspx.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 152

SP66

Bronco Guru
nice Bronco glad you are enjoying her hope to see you around Lauderdale once I get mine registered

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
Welcome aboard. The high beam switch on the floor is probably the problem. Very typical so just pick one up and change it yourself.

Enjoy and it's a very nice looking rig.

Oildog

Loc.
AJ
Nice looking rig...get used to the attention...a high vis Bronco like yours will garner lots of looks and stimulate lots of conversation...enjoy! Welcome to the addiction ;D

rbodine

Congrats Capt Ken, Port Orange here. Keep an eye out on here or se-early broncos for meet ups of us Fl guys and gals. Enjoy your new rig!

bsquared

Contributor
Ken, is that the boat you Captain in the background, or just a good photo op?

OP
OP
Captain Ken

Captain Ken

Loc.
Out to Sea
Congrats Capt Ken, Port Orange here. Keep an eye out on here or se-early broncos for meet ups of us Fl guys and gals. Enjoy your new rig!

Thanks! I would love to meet up with the SE Early Broncos. It looks like there is an event in early March, but I may be out of the country by then. In the meantime, we're planning to go mudding here http://www.devilsgardenmudclub.com/

And if Daisy isn't broken yet we're going here http://suncoastflatlanders.com/forums/showthread.php?4888-FL4WD-campout-Jan-25-27

OP
OP
Captain Ken

Captain Ken

Loc.
Out to Sea
Nick's Trix

After enjoying our Bronco so much, we've decided it's time to give something back to her.
So we loaded her up this week and trailered her up to North Carolina for a restoration at Nick's Trix.
What a cool spot, and a really nice bunch of guys. It just felt right to be dropping her off in a place where we know she will get the attention and care she deserves.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
After enjoying our Bronco so much, we've decided it's time to give something back to her.
So we loaded her up this week and trailered her up to North Carolina for a restoration at Nick's Trix.
What a cool spot, and a really nice bunch of guys. It just felt right to be dropping her off in a place where we know she will get the attention and care she deserves.

Oh wow, You just made a Great Move. That rig will be Pristine after Nick gets ahold of it.

Congrats!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yeah what Dave said you left her in great hands for sure.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Ken, Long time no see. Can't wait to see what Nick's does with Daisy. :cool: