• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1973 Bronco with 495 Original Miles

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Happy for ya Andy:cool:. This is just lit as my son would say.:cool:

Justin Palmer

Contributor
A few other cool things...

Attachments

• EB7CCDD6-64B0-44AB-BFDF-EAEA113E674F.jpg
    EB7CCDD6-64B0-44AB-BFDF-EAEA113E674F.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 307
  • D2FB8B0F-4EBB-4E05-B966-B90C8D02615C.jpg
    D2FB8B0F-4EBB-4E05-B966-B90C8D02615C.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 302
OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor
More from Andrew's report:

"This Bronco is an unchanged, unmaintained original paint Bronco, meaning there are no signs of repair, parts change or simple maintenance. The bolt holding the speedometer cable housing to the transfer case, as well as the nut connection to the speedometer head show no signs of tampering. Each has a layer of dust covering evident of long-term indoor storage. Under hood, many parts show factory markings, paint stamps, paper and metal tags and wraps consistent with assembly-line parts, not NOS or restored parts. These details in place prove this Bronco has been stored, not driven and also that it is truly original, not a collection of rare parts applied to a low mileage truck. There is some weathering of painted and metal surfaces due to being stored outside for over 25 years."

crawln68

Bronco Guru
One of my favorite pictures. The Bronco was exposed to the Kansas City elements for over 35 years unmoved.

Man I would love to have one of those mats!! What a great find! I would do just the required mechanical repairs to get it drivable and leave it just as is.

OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor
Now the questions we're all wondering. $?? Which auction is it going to?

No immediate plans to sell at this point. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I want to enjoy it for a while. The hardest part is not putting some new tires on it and going for a drive. Yes, it runs.

https://youtu.be/CtXDgp0jjCY

Fallingcedar

I remember the radio ads: "Broadway Ford at Thirty Ford and Broadway". Fun play on words, they were at 34th street and Broadway.

Wonderful find, That old girl has been waiting long time for some to take her out and play.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Whats the emblems on the fenders above the belt line trim?

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It sounds really cool. I was especially impressed with door operation, and interior condition. But I could look at it for days and find kore details I’m sure.

It was stored mostly indoors with just that backside sticking out a couple feet. I think it looks really good for not having been stored very carefully!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Awesome memory fallingcedar!!

Halfcab those are metal dealer tags from broadway (dealer)

Lots of Midwest and other dealers has metal tags whereas where I grew up in ca we had dealer plate frames.