• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 1974 engine harness & Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broncoblood

Contributor
engine fire took out my harness on my December 1973 Bronco.

everything on the Duraspark side and the regulator side is ok but the center wires going to the temp & oil sending unit are fried and the wires going to the distributor are fried.

I know they make the pig tail for the sending units but I need whatever pigtail goes from the firewall to the to distributor? The wires under the dash are all fine and even sticking out of the firewall into engine just above the driver side valve cover but just after that grommet it turns into a melt blob and I cant even tell what goes there?

My Bronco is a 12/73 year model, I have heard that the Durasparks differ? my Durspark wires are 7 instead of 6 and go Red/Orng/Wht/Purp/LiteBlue/Blk/Green.

If anybody has the original pig tails that I need or maybe know of somebody that can make some original style that would be cool?

A pic of a late 73 or 74 Bronco engine harness in that area would be helpful too?

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Long shot here. I have this harness part that came with some Bronco parts I got a while back. I have no idea what it fits or if it is even Bronco specific. Maybe you can tell by the pics. Let me know if you can use it, yours for the shipping if its what you need.

Attachments

• IMG_2630.jpg
    IMG_2630.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2631.jpg
    IMG_2631.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2633.jpg
    IMG_2633.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
I appreciate that.
What year is your Bronco, do you think that was replaced from yours?
I am not 100% sure what that is too? it does look like it is very close to what I am looking for? I have a few other guys in the tech section that are helping me identify then I what I need and then I will get back to you, thank you much.
what picture posting method did you use?

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Mine is a 72 and did not have electronic ignition. I am not sure what this came off of for sure, it was in a box of Bronco parts I bought a couple years ago. Sorry I don't have anymore info for you. I am sure someone will get you on the right track. Just let me know if you need it.
Have a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.