• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

May give up on my 76

OLD BOB

Loc.
ODESSA, TEXAS
I started on this 76 2 years ago. Had a shop replace quarter panels, floors, inner fenders and front fenders. I bought all new rubber parts, still in the box, and even had a engine professionally built.
I found out that the engine in the Bronco had been rebuilt a few years ago and so it doesn't need a new one. The transmission has a pan leak but shifts well.
I have not been able to find a reliable shop to paint it. I have just gotten too old to paint it myself. I think that I may need to just sell it. It is running and driving now but needs to be painted and finished. Does any have any idea of the value. It has a clear Texas title. No frame rust. It was undercoated long ago. I have about $16000 in parts and labor invested.
Any help would be appreciated. It is located in west Texas.
thanks, Robert

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Post lots of pictures Robert for a decent valuation, don’t give up too soon maybe you can trade for one that’s ready to roll good luck -Jeff

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Don’t give up yet! Check with guys here and find a shop in your area or member. Also post up some pics and that will give everyone a better idea what you’re working with.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
One " remedy " would be to drive it . That always improves a guys attitude.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm on year 7 Robert........Don't give up!

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Year 4 of a frame off here. Paint is such a huge step. If you can get it to paint it will help your motivation if you decide to keep it, or help your resale value if you decide to sell it.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Like I said ; drive it , enjoy it , worry about Resto later.
I like driven em fixing them up as i go not necessarily the restoring part ;to each his own.
I Had mine down for 2 1/2 months about 5 -6 years ago - couldn't stand it went into withdrawals - LOL . I can't imagine 2 -3 - 4 year projects with out driving it ; unless you have two or three other driveable EBs.

Jakedog

Like I said ; drive it , enjoy it , worry about Resto later.
I like driven em fixing them up as i go not necessarily the restoring part ;to each his own.
I Had mine down for 2 1/2 months about 5 -6 years ago - couldn't stand it went into withdrawals - LOL . I can't imagine 2 -3 - 4 year projects with out driving it ; unless you have two or three other driveable EBs.

Same here. I enjoy fixing mine up, but life is too short to let it just sit there. For me to commit to a full restore I'd have to have another one to drive. It's a rolling project for me.

OP
OP
O

OLD BOB

Loc.
ODESSA, TEXAS
It is just too much more for me to do. Needs all weatherstrips, light installed, etc.
I think that I may just need to find someone who needs it more than I.
Thanks for all of the encouragement.
rd

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I had a couple of PM about photos. I will take some good ones and send as soon as I can.
thanks, RD

I'm still here for ya Robert, give me a call and I'll help any way that I can

I'd also recommend reaching out to these guys

https://lebc.clubexpress.com

I've not met any of them but from what I've heard they are a great bunch, they're in your neck of the woods and I guarantee you they can and will help you find a reliable shop if you're still open to that.

Jeff

gmduncan

Contributor
Loc.
Annapolis
Don't give up. I there a few weeks ago, had the same thoughts and feelings. I decided to keep going.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Robert, if your decision is to give up and sale, this group will help you with that and find a good home for your rig. They will help you price it and sale it. These guys are simply the best, they will not steer you wrong.

OP
OP
O

OLD BOB

Loc.
ODESSA, TEXAS
thanks for the encouragement. I have been under the weather and will take photos and send out to those that have requested them as soon as I feel up to it.
thanks, Robert

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
thanks for the encouragement. I have been under the weather and will take photos and send out to those that have requested them as soon as I feel up to it.
thanks, Robert

hope you feel better.......