Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 10/12/19, 06:59 AM   #1
rjcruz27
Contributor

Painless no spark

Iím sure these questions are getting old. Iíve been trying to figure out my no spark issue. I got a new coil. Tried another ignition switch. Tested wires. I am getting my ignition module tested today. My question is, should I have power to the ďsĒ side of my starter solenoid and when I checked power to my neutral safety switch I didnít have anything. Could those be issues?
rjcruz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/19, 02:45 PM   #2
DirtDonk
Contributor
Bronco Guru

San Jose, CA
The S wire at the starter relay is for cranking the starter only. Has NOTHING to do with whether or not you have spark.
You should only have power at the S wire (Red w/blue) when the key is in the START position and at no other time.
Only the Brown "I" wire has power with the key in the ON position and is connected directly to the Red w/green wire that powers the ignition coil. But not the ignition module.

Is the starter cranking? Or do you have both no crank and no start? You should really continue this in the same thread you already have on this subject rather than start over or we're just going to be asking all the same questions that have possibly already been asked.
Now that I've said that, you DO have another thread on this, correct? Or are you separating a no-spark issue from a no-crank issue?

Paul

'71 Wagon, 3.5" WH, F150 disc brakes and steering, 4.11 33x11.50 Thornbirds, Kayline soft top, Hanson bumpers. "Built, not bought"

'68 LUBR, 2.5 + 1 WH, 31x10.50, 4.56, Explorer and 4R70w by EFI Guy, WH disc brakes, Hanson front bumper, Warn winch. "Bought, not built"

www.wildhorses4x4.com
DirtDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/19, 05:59 PM   #3
rjcruz27
Contributor

It’s just a no spark issue and now rear lights but I need to check bulbs on the rear as well and grounds.

I used a multimeter to check for power.

I’m able to get the motor to crank but no spark. I am getting power to the coil,ICM and starter solenoid. But no spark. So the only thing I’m not getting power to is my rear lights, and NSS.
Old 10/12/19, 09:02 PM   #4
SHX669
Bronco Guru

Oregon
Where are you checking for a " spark "?
SHX669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/19, 09:13 PM   #5
rjcruz27
Contributor

Spark plugs
Old Yesterday, 01:13 AM   #6
DirtDonk
Contributor
Bronco Guru

San Jose, CA
Make sure your distributor is spinning with the engine. Sometimes the pin shears or the gear fails due to material mismatches with the cam material.
You have power to the positive side of the ignition coil you said. Also during START/CRANK? Might check that too if you have not.

And you have power to the ignition module too. Which wire(s)? It actually does not always matter whether it's to the Red wire or the White wire, but it should be to one of those wires. Red is supposed to have power with the key ON and White is power with the key in START.

And speaking of modules, do you now have a Blue Grommet model? If not this might be an issue since your harness is designed for the Blue type.

Paul

'71 Wagon, 3.5" WH, F150 disc brakes and steering, 4.11 33x11.50 Thornbirds, Kayline soft top, Hanson bumpers. "Built, not bought"

'68 LUBR, 2.5 + 1 WH, 31x10.50, 4.56, Explorer and 4R70w by EFI Guy, WH disc brakes, Hanson front bumper, Warn winch. "Bought, not built"

www.wildhorses4x4.com
DirtDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM   #7
SHX669
Bronco Guru

Oregon
Are you getting spark " out ' from the coil ? If so but you still don't have spark to the plugs then it's either a distributor rotor issue , distributor cap issue or the distributor ground wire isn't connected or broken inside the distributor .
SHX669 is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat