• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Earliest Broncos known to exist (1-30)!!

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bringing it to the top. So where does 781579 fall in the line. It has an eyebrow grill.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Brought home u14FL751472 today. Missing the eyebrow :( Couldn't say no though :)

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
How can you tell what month the production was? My VIN is U14FL751048, and figured it is maybe August or September.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Pics okie! Pics!!
I will take some tomorrow. She's mechanically great.......floors are shot, bed is shot, hard top is rough but doable, driver door post is bad, somebody went crazy with a can of Arcadian Blue spray paint :) When things quit working on the dash, they just made new holes and put in new gauges and switches......... %) I'll have my work cut out for me. When I get the shop finished, I'll start tearing it down. I just couldn't turn down a 9/65' build/project :)

How can you tell what month the production was? My VIN is U14FL751048, and figured it is maybe August or September.

Most look here T-Bird. http://broncohio.com/tech/ebvins.html
Sept 65', you're u14 is very close to mine.

There's other sources out there, I believe that some here have found a couple of mistakes on the broncohio site, but over all I think it's pretty trustworthy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Yes I'm quoting myself. First time that's done? Anyway still wondering approximately where mine falls in line

You would be 5309 off the assembly line but the vin sequence included trucks and vans aswell. No way to know how many Broncos were built in the mix

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Yes I'm quoting myself. First time that's done? Anyway still wondering approximately where mine falls in line

Yours is actually the 5610th off the assembly line, since the production actually started with 732000 (Shelby Bronco). So 732001 would actually be the second off the line. However, keep in mind that this number sequence was used for other vehicles as well, so yours is actually earlier than 5610.

OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Yours is actually the 5610th off the assembly line, since the production actually started with 732000 (Shelby Bronco). So 732001 would actually be the second off the line. However, keep in mind that this number sequence was used for other vehicles as well, so yours is actually earlier than 5610.

Good call!

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Earliest Broncos known to exist (revised)!!

My September truck has all the early parts. Eyebrow grill, tailgate, Hood supports, metal air box , rain gutter on drivers floor.......
Probably been asked but at what point does that stuff start to disappear.

Last edited:

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
My September truck has all the early parts. Eyebrow grill, tailgate, Hood supports, rain gutter on drivers floor.......
Probably been asked but at what point does that stuff start to disappear.

Eyebrow grill seems to disappear after the 790s, tailgate went through '67, hood supports were '66 only and seems to have went all year, some '67s had the rain gutter.

OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
BUMP... Lets hear about your early finds!

732036 got washed and a fresh set of bumper this weekend!:cool:

Attachments

• 66front.jpg
    66front.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 66rear.jpg
    66rear.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 165

clarrance

Bronco Guru
BUMP... Lets hear about your early finds!

732036 got washed and a fresh set of bumper this weekend!:cool:

That is in beautiful condition for being one of the oldest Broncos. That one must have been built in the first few hours of production. Very nice.