• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone have experience with RustBeltBroncos tubs?

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Looking for feedback on the tubs offered by RustBeltBroncos in Ohio? Didn't see much online other than what they posted, supposably built a couple of 100 tubs and potentially produce for someone else. Looking for details on fit and finish for someone.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Not far from me at all and NEVER heard of them!! Didn't read everything, but any idea how long have they been in business???

Site says location as "State Route 446"......NO such thing, it is on State Route 46. HOW do you leave your advertising website show the wrong location???

I am going to aplogize profusely, apparantly SR 446 is a BYPASS around Canfield!!! When I looked at the first map, I didn't zoom in enough and just saw SR 46.

My apologies to everyone.........it is still close to me, though!

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Here is what I found too.

Rust Belt Broncos LLC is an Ohio Domestic Limited-Liability Company filed on July 23, 2014. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 2313351.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Nathan Miller and is located at 6145 State Route 446, Canfield, OH 44406.

Dude 713

I purchased one of their bodies this summer. It appears to be very well built and panels line up nice. It is scheduled to go to the body shop in January for painting. Will know more after that.
If you have an old Dennis Carpenter catalog, like 2017 look at the bodies in there and check out where they ship from. (Canfield Ohio ) D.C. is building their own bodies now but was getting them from Rust belt Bronco's in the past. They supposedly build bodies for one or two of the big builders but I can't remember who they are.

broncoqueen

Rust Belt Broncos is one of the best bronco tubs built. They build their bronco's on fixtures. The have the straightest bronco tubs built. You can also get your tub in a couple weeks. There is no 3-4 month wait....

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Rust Belt Broncos is one of the best bronco tubs built. They build their bronco's on fixtures. The have the straightest bronco tubs built. You can also get your tub in a couple weeks. There is no 3-4 month wait....

LOL, new user from Canfield. What a shocker they're the best!

OP
OP
H

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Glad you said it. in case anyone is searching for the information in the future.

The feedback I received from multiple different people in several states was VERY different than the claims of the best body out there....

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
From what they say in the video, it sounds like they assemble Carpenter's tubs for them?

Todd Z.

Dude 713

Okay, as I stated earlier in this post. I purchased a Rust Belt Bronco body last summer. It is currently in the body shop and should have final paint on it within the next two weeks. I stopped by today and checked it out and I am very happy with the way things look.
I ask my body man what he thought of the quality of the body. Now keep in mind that he is not a Bronco builder and this is the first Bronco he has done but he does do quality work. He said he is very impressed with how solid it is and that the panels all lined up pretty good but also said that you have to keep in mind that they are all after market parts and some do require a little bit of tweaking. The biggest problem was getting the gaps between the fenders and good lined up and the problem was in the fenders. I had bought the fenders from one of our suppliers on here for my other Bronco but decided to use them for this project instead so I can't blame Rust belt for that. All in all I am very satisfied with the body and work from Rust belt Bronco's. I will say that I have never used one from D.C. or any other supplier so I can't say it is the best body made or the worst. Bottom line is I bought it and I am happy. If you are thinking about a new body and not far from Canfield go tour their shop and talk to Nate.
Won't make Super Celebration this year but should have it there next year.

broncoqueen

We still build bronco's for DC, however they also started building in house their own bronco's too. There is a difference in quality.... There are lots of copy cats out there.. However we build ours on fixtures.. and we sell ours at a more reasonable price