• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electric Windows

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm getting read to order these as my wiring's almost done. While I like the crank handle switches, they can't operate the passenger side from the drives side. Other options are dual switches in the driver's door or console. Anyone install electric windows and happy/unhappy with your switch choice? Still leaning towards the crank handles for looks and sacrificing convenience. Maybe add a switch someplace to control the passenger side too?

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I looked at the crank handle switches but I think I'm leaning to6regular push buttons. My first concern about the crank type was durability with kids riding in the rig. How many people are gonna try and crank on it before realizing it has power windows. Also regul6swiches look a little cleaner an dont rattle. If it's a fuul restoration I would get the crank type but anything else the button type seem more trouble free. Then theres the cost. I think the crank type were like $150 each last time I looked. For location I'm thinking of putting em on or near the center console. I plan on going with lift off hinges and the less wiring to the doors the better.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
The electric cranks are a pain and don't seem to hold up very well. I would go with buttons. Best is some version of OEM repurposed to make work.