• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock bumper spare tire carrier...

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Where ya' been Tom??? I saw it in April and waited, had one built last month!!!;D;D;D

You wouldn’t believe how many differences there are between genuine bumpers and the many reproduction ones. This works with all as of right now. That took some time to test and overcome for production.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Looks great. It's on my list. Would be nice to see a few more pictures (posted and on the Duff site).

Ro_Ja Boy

What size tires are in the pics? If putting smaller, I assume you’ll see more of the bottom part of the carrier that runs along the bumper?

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I’m pretty sure the tire size on the Duck, is a 35 x 12.5, on 17” wheels.

Putting away the cash to purchase one of these carriers.:cool::cool:

Lawndart

Loc.
I almost ordered.
Then I saw that it was a class II hitch. Does this really have a 1-1/4" square receiver opening?
This will be a deal breaker for me.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
What size tires are in the pics? If putting smaller, I assume you’ll see more of the bottom part of the carrier that runs along the bumper?

On the Duck is a 35". Yes the smaller diameter tire the more of the bumper you will see however the carrier does hold the tire a little lower so it frees up that little space in the rear view mirror.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I almost ordered.
Then I saw that it was a class II hitch. Does this really have a 1-1/4" square receiver opening?
This will be a deal breaker for me.

Don't get hung by the class thing, most do not realize there are many different configurations for the class. The Duff hitch has a 2" receiver and is a Class II. The one on the Duck is now Class III which simply means it is rated for weight distribution. We are not certain if this will be an option for sale or not at this time as it is my design and modifications to convert the hitch. The current Duff Hitch is ClassII with 2" receiver and is rated for 300# tongue weight and 3500# trailer. My class III is 450# tongue and 4500# trailer with proper weight distribution hitch. Without the hitch it falls back to the Class II weight limits.

Lawndart

Loc.
Don't get hung by the class thing, most do not realize there are many different configurations for the class. The Duff hitch has a 2" receiver and is a Class II. The one on the Duck is now Class III which simply means it is rated for weight distribution. We are not certain if this will be an option for sale or not at this time as it is my design and modifications to convert the hitch. The current Duff Hitch is ClassII with 2" receiver and is rated for 300# tongue weight and 3500# trailer. My class III is 450# tongue and 4500# trailer with proper weight distribution hitch. Without the hitch it falls back to the Class II weight limits.

Yea, I don't care so much about the class, I was worried about the sizing of the receiver. I have several small trailers and a teardrop, nothing big or heavy. I just have too much invested in various drop receivers and the commonality of the 2" around here.

Since it is a 2", I'll likely be ordering one for part of my winter refreshes.

Thank you for the info!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Saw it in person in Detroit at the Dream Cruise show this summer. It's very nice!

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Yea, I don't care so much about the class, I was worried about the sizing of the receiver. I have several small trailers and a teardrop, nothing big or heavy. I just have too much invested in various drop receivers and the commonality of the 2" around here.

Since it is a 2", I'll likely be ordering one for part of my winter refreshes.

Thank you for the info!

The carrier will also be available without the receiver for those of you who already have a Tom's ClassIII receiver or if you prefer no receiver at all.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
You know when you have an idea, then someone else comes up with it?!? This is it. Darn it. Another one lost.

Last edited:

Lawndart

Loc.
The carrier will also be available without the receiver for those of you who already have a Tom's ClassIII receiver or if you prefer no receiver at all.
I was about to order again - ha!
Hmmm, do you have a timeline? I do already have Tom's ClassIII.

Ro_Ja Boy

I was about to order again - ha!
Hmmm, do you have a timeline? I do already have Tom's ClassIII.

Same question on timing. I called Duff and asked, but they didn't know on the phone. They put me down on a list for the hitch-less version.

Ro_Ja Boy

First batch was all sold and we can’t get more pictures? Post them up if you bought one!! :)