• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Duff’s parts brought back to southern Missouri?

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’ll be driving my Bronco back from Duff’s to SW Missouri on Friday. Anybody want me to pick up parts to avoid shipping?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bump... opportunity for someone to get free shipping. I will be coming back through across 160 Friday evening.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You're a good man charlie brown

Wish I could afford them long arms ;)

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
Thanks for the offer!!....I'm good right now and need to finish some small upgrades before I purchase anything else...

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is going to be exciting. Duff's has put their all new brake upgrades on my 73. It's the blue one in the new video series. I am flying out tomorrow and will drive it back on Friday. I have never taken off for a 700 mile trip. I can think of all sorts of things that might go wrong but I am going to assume it will be nothing more than a trouble free road trip.
Prayers may be helpful.

my77rox

Looking forward to seeing your journey and your report on the brakes. I've been following the videos on the brake upgrades. --BR

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
This is going to be exciting. Duff's has put their all new brake upgrades on my 73. It's the blue one in the new video series. I am flying out tomorrow and will drive it back on Friday. I have never taken off for a 700 mile trip. I can think of all sorts of things that might go wrong but I am going to assume it will be nothing more than a trouble free road trip.
Prayers may be helpful.

Hopefully nothing sir, Best of luck and safe travels..

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Okay, I am leaving out of here about 5 am. I will have plenty of my own parts in the back. Last chance, I am having dinner with Michael and Suzy tonight.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Okay, I am leaving out of here about 5 am. I will have plenty of my own parts in the back. Last chance, I am having dinner with Michael and Suzy tonight.

Smack Mr Mike Duff on the head for me :)

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Smack Mr Mike Duff on the head for me :)
We already parted company or maybe I would have...maybe not.
The brakes got an unexpected real life test. He had to lock them all up about two mikes before he delivered it to my hotel. Suzy was right behind him. It all worked as it should.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
We already parted company or maybe I would have...maybe not.
The brakes got an unexpected real life test. He had to lock them all up about two mikes before he delivered it to my hotel. Suzy was right behind him. It all worked as it should.

lol, well hell :)

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Home safe! I meant to update along the way but I really hate stopping once I get rolling. Brakes are phenomenal! Now I really need to get that AX15. The NP435 at 3400 rpms to hold 70 sucks.

Attachments

• C231AD82-ED1C-4F1F-BF8D-AFBAAA7DE51F.jpg
    C231AD82-ED1C-4F1F-BF8D-AFBAAA7DE51F.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 6C24DB85-C3E0-495A-A8B1-042986A7F759.jpg
    6C24DB85-C3E0-495A-A8B1-042986A7F759.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 15
  • F9A10F60-5D96-4847-B4B0-734A7DFA36A4.jpg
    F9A10F60-5D96-4847-B4B0-734A7DFA36A4.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 17

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Prayers may be helpful.

Here’s to safe travels and trouble free miles.

Years ago I broke the cardinal rule of buying before seeing in person, flew out and drove back 900+ miles. Gained a nice Bronco (with a somewhat tired steering box) and two friends I still keep in touch with. Figured it to be back in two days, but with 4.11 gears switched to secondary roads and enjoyed the scenery. Would I roll the dice again like that today? Nope, but it turned out to be the best adventure ever!

Looking forward to hearing about your journey, enjoy the new brakes!